History of the early settlement of Bridgewater
in Plymouth County, Massachusetts
including an extensive family register.
Printed for the author by Kidder & Wright
[Transcribed by Coralynn Brown]
- a. before a date, stands for about
- b. for born
- d. for death or died
- m. for married
- s. for son
- ss. for sons
- w. for wife
- gra. for graduate or graduated
- B. U. for Brown University
- D. for daughter
- Ds. for Daughters
- H. U. for Harvard University
- *Added to a name or date of a birth, signifies that the person died in youth or without issue
- W. B. for West Bridgewater
- S. P. for South Parish of Bridgewater, now Bridgewater
- E. B. for East Bridgewater
- N. B. for North Bridgewater
- Tit. for Titicut.
- Other abbreviations will occur, which being usual and common, need no explanation.