History of the early settlement of Bridgewater
in Plymouth County, Massachusetts
including an extensive family register.
Printed for the author by Kidder & Wright 1840
[Transcribed by Coralynn Brown]
1. Samuel Packard and his wife and child came from Windham, near Hingham, in England, in the ship called "The Diligent of Ipswich, 133 passengers, John Martin master," and settled in Hingham here 1638 : he thence came to W. B. and d. a. 1684, the date of his will ; he was constable 1664, and licensed to keep an ordinary, or tavern, 1670 ; he had Elizabeth, Samuel, Zacheus, Thomas, John, Nathaniel, Mary, Hannah, Israel, Jael, Deborah, and Deliverance.
Elizabeth m. Thomas AIger of Easton 1665.
Thomas was here 1673, and Israel was appointed Trooper 1671, and no farther account of them.
Mary m. Richard Phillips of Weymouth.
Hannah m. Thomas Randall.
Jael m. John Smith.
Deborah m. Samuel Washburn.
Deliverance m. Thomas Washburn.
In the early records both at Hingham and Bridgewater the name is written PACKER, and was here formerly invariably pronounced so. The name on the town Records was also sometimes written Peckar, Pecker, Peckard, and Peckerd, but by the family has been generally written Packard.
2. Ensign Samuel (s. of Samuel 1.) m. Elizabeth, D. of Mark Lathrop, and had Samuel,. Daniel, Joseph, Elizabeth, Mary, Susanna ; his estate settled 1698.
Susanna m. John Snell 1715.
Mary m. Amos Snell 1700.
3. Zacheus (s. of Samuel 1.) m. Sarah, D. of John Howard, and had Israel 1680, Sarah 1682, Jonathan 1684, David 1687, Solomon 1689, James 1691, Zacheus 1693, John 1695, Abiel 1699. He d. 1723.
Sarah m. Capt. Josiah Edson 1704.
4.. John (s. of Samuel 1.) lived at S. B. near the bridge, which was called, after him, Packard's bridge, 1688, and since called Pope's bridge : his estate was settled 1741 by his son Joseph. Wid. Packard d. 1761 very aged.
5. Nathaniel (s. of Samuel 1.) m. probably a D. of John Kingman, and had Samuel, Zechariah, George, Fearnot, Margaret, Sarah, Lydia, Faithful, Hannah, Deliverance, Elizabeth, Mary, Deborah ; his will 1720.
Margaret m. John Washburn 1710.
Lydia m. Jeremy. Howell 1718.
Elizabeth m. John Hooper 1722.
Deborah m. Timothy Mitchell.
Sarah m. Thomas Hooper 1722 or Samuel Bliss 1723.
Faithful m. George Vaughn 1719.
Mary m. Jo. Leonard 1721.
Deliverance Packard d. in S. B. 1776.
6. Samuel (s. of Samuel 2.) m. Elizabeth, D. of Samuel Edson 1705, and had Samuel 1707, Bethiah, Paul 1714, Job 1716 : he and she both d. 1716.
Bethiah m. Wright Bartlett 1731.
7. Daniel (s. of Samuel 2.) m. Mary, D. of Isaac Harris 1713, and had Sarah 1714, Mary 1716, Susanna 1718, Martha 1720, Daniel 1722, Isaac 1724*, Nehemiah 1727 ; his will 1732.
Sarah m. Zechariah Shaw. 1733.
Mary m. James Allen 1732.
Susanna m. David Orcutt 1734.
Martha m. Jeremiah Conant 1739.
8. Joseph (s. of Samuel 2.) m.. Mary, D. of John Willis 1723, and had Joseph 1725, Mary 1729, John and others perhaps.
Joseph m. Sarah, D. of Capt. David Johnson 1748, and had Daniel 1749, Anna 1751, Elijah 1753, Abigail 1756, Bethiah 1759, Martha 1760, Job 1761, and was a soldier under Gen. Winslow 1755, and d. in Easton.
John m. Rachel Niles of E. 1762, and had Hannah 1764, Mary 1767, John 1769, Galen and Mercy 1771, Jazael 1774, and went to Chesterfield.
Mary Packard had Jane, bap. in W. B. 1756.
9. Israel (s. of Zacheus 3.) and his wife Hannah had Seth 1703, Mehitabel 1705, Sarah 1707, Eliphalet 1708, Hannah 1710, Zerviah 1713, Israel 1717, Robert 1722.
Israel Packard m. Susanna, D. of Daniel Field 1735, 2d w. probably.
Mehitabel m. John Ames 1725, and Samuel West 1727, and was d. 1752.
Hannah m. a Phillips.
Zerviah m. Benjamin Washburn a. 1743.
10. Jonathan (s. of Zacheus 3.) m. Susanna, D. of Joseph Hayward probably 1719, she d. 1722, and he m. a 2d w. Abigail, and had Jonathan 1724*, Susanna 1726, Jacob 1728, Jonathan 1730, Abigail 1735 : he d. a. 1750.
Susanna m. Charles Snell 1745.
Abigail m. Jonathan Perkins Jr. 1752.
11. David (s. of Zacheus 3.) m. Hannah, D. of John Ames 1712, and had David 1713, William 1715, Hannah 1718, Isaac 1720, Mary 1722, Ebenezer 1724, Abiah 1727, Mehitabel 1730, Jane 1734. He d. 1755 ae. 68 ; she 1767.
Hannah m. Samuel Brett 1737.
Mary m. Daniel Richards 1740.
Mehitabel m. Simeon Brett 1748.
Jane m. Matthew Kingman 1755.
12. Solomon (s. of Zacheus 3.) m. Sarah, D. of Samuel Lathrop 1715, who d. and he then m. Susanna, D. of Samuel Kingman, and had Sarah 1719, Jacob 1720, Nathan 1722*, Susanna 1724, Joanna 1725, Martha 1727, Solomon 1729, Nathan 1733, Benjamin 1734, Zebulun 1736, Micah 1739; he m. Dorothy wid. of Mark Perkins perhaps 1760.
Sarah m. Isaac Fuller 1737.
Susanna m. Joseph Alden 1742.
Joanna m. Isaac Allen 1745.
Martha m. Isaac Alden Jr. 1755, and Israel Bailey 1760.
Benjamin m. Ruth, D. of Nehemiah Leach 1762, and he and Micah went to Me.
13. Dea. James (s. of Zacheus 3.) m. Jemima, D. of Joseph Keith 1722, and had James 1724, Keziah 1727, Jemima 1729; Rebecca 1732, Reuben 1737 ; he d. 1765 ae. 75.
Keziah m. Nehemiah Lincoln 1748.
Jemima m. Ichabod Edson 1759.
Rebecca m. Luke Perkins 1749.
14. Zacheus (s. of Zacheus 3.) m. Mercy, D. of Isaac Alden 1725, and had Eleazar 1727, Seth 1733, Simeon 1736, and Mercy; he d. 1775 ae. 82.
Mercy m. Ezra Warren a. 1757.
15. John (s. of Zacheus 3.). m. Lydia Tomson of Halifax, and had Lydia 1726, Abel 1729, Abigail 1733, John 1735, Barnabas 1738. He d. 1738 ae. 43.
Lydia m. Edward Southworth 1750.
Abigail m. George Packard 1766.
16. Capt. Abiel (s. of Zacheus 3.) m. Sarah, D. of John Ames 1723, and had Josiah 1723, Abiel 1728, d. 1759, Joshua 1730, Thomas 1732, Timothy 1735, Sarah 1737, Betty 1739, Daniel 1742, Eliab 1745, Benjamin 1749. He d. 1776 ae. 76.
Sarah m. Ebenezer Snell 1764.
Betty m. Jacob Edson 1759.
Experience, w. of Abiel Packard: d. in S. B. 1790, ae. 83.
17. Joseph (s. of John 4.) m. Susanna, D. of Thomas Mitchell 1724, and had John, Joseph, Edward, Susanna, and perhaps Mary, Parnel, Judith and others ; she d. 1756, he 1760.
John m. Anna, D. of Nathaniel Pratt 1760, and he and Joseph went to Brookfield.
Joseph had a son Winslow, gra. Dartmouth 1777, and settled in the ministry.
Susanna m. William Allen 1748, and afterwards Isaac Allen and then Dea. Othniel Gilbert of Brookfield.
Mary perhaps m. Nathaniel Hayward Jr. 1762.
Parnel m. David Johnson 1751.
Judith m. Capt. Jona. Willis 1752.
It is difficult to distinguish this family from that of Joseph 8, and there may be some confusion in the accounts here given of them.
18. Samuel (s. of Nathaniel 5.) and his w. Anne, had Anne 1723, Mary 1725, Betty 1727, Samuel, Hepzibah, Caleb, and Joshua 1735, Chloe, Desire.
Anne m. Elijah Edson 1741.
Mary m. Abiezer Edson 1744.
Betty m. Seth Dean 1748.
Hepzibah m. Seth Morton 1757.
David m. Martha Hartwell 1756, and had Chloe 1758, Caleb 1760, and he and his brother Caleb went to Pelham.
Chloe m. Joseph Keith 1759.
Most of the family went to Pelham.
Desire m. David Clark or Luke Washburn 1763.
She who m. Clark was called of Easton.
19. Zechariah (s. of Nathaniel 5.) m. Abigail, D. of Richard Davenport, 1724, and had Elijah 1726, Abigail 1728, Nathaniel 1730, Nathan 1733. His will 1771.
Abigail m. Daniel Snell probably 1753.
20. George (s. of Nathaniel 5.) m. Mary, D. of Samuel Edson, 1728, and had George, Jonathan, Lydia, Rebecca, and Ichabod. He d.,and she m. Jonathan Mehurin 1740.
Lydia m. Seth Lathrop 1751.
Rebecca m. Jona. Chandler before 1754.
21. Samuel (s. of Samuel 6.) m. Susanna, D. of Samuel Kinsley, 1729, and had Charity 1733, Samuel 1834, Susanna 1736, Abijah 1740.
Charity m. Seth Burr 1753.
Samuel went to Easton.
Susanna Packard m. Joseph Knapp 1760.
Susanna Packard m. Timothy Manly 1761.
Susanna Packard m. Seth Rickard also 1757.
22. Paul (s. of Samuel 6.) m. Susanna Joy of Hingham 1744. Paul Packard m. Sarah Brace 1749, and had Josiah 1751.
23. Job (s. of Samuel 6.) and his w. Rachel had Job 1749*. She d. and he m. Keziah, D. of Thomas Wade, 1751, and he d. 1805.
Job Packard m. wid. Hannah Edson 1790.
24. Daniel (s. of Daniel 7.) m. Hannah Perkins 1765, and Daniel Packard m. Elizabeth Colony of Easton 1773.
25. Nehemiah, (s. of Daniel 7.) m. Silence, D. of Samuel Edson 1747, and had Silence 1750, who m. Seth Leonard 1769. Wid. Silence m. Josiah Dunbar 1758.
26. Seth (s. of Israel 9.) m. Mercy Bryant, and had Sarah 1728, Lucy 1731, Mehitabel 1733, Mercy 1735, Isaac 1737, Mary 1739, Seth 1743, Joshua 1741, Abigail 1746, Abner 1749, Jonathan 1751, Jerusha : he d. 1788, ae. 82.
Sarah m. Samuel Cole 1752.
Lucy m. Ebenezer Edson 1751.
Mehitabel m. Barnabas Howard Esq. 1755.
Mercy m. Thomas West 1756.
Mary m. Simeon Alden 1763.
Abigail and Jerusha m. two brothers at Dorchester by the name of Leeds.
Isaac went to Petersham.
Seth m. Lois Leach 1764, and went to Roxbury.
Abner settled at Conway.
27. Israel (s. of Israel 9.) m. Ruth, D. of Richard Field, 1737, and had 4 ss. and a D. who all d. young, and he d. 1752, and she m. Joseph Ames 1754.
28. Robert (s. of Israel 9.) m. Lydia Titus 1749, and had Melzar 1751, Freelove 1753. He d. and the wid. m. Jesse Edson 1754.
29. Jacob (s. of Jonathan 10.) and his w. Deborah had Deborah 1750, Anne 1752, Abigail 1754, Gooding 1756, Gamaliel 1758, Jacob 1761, Jonathan 1764, Polly 1767, Job 1770.
Deborah m. Seth Bailey 1770.
Anne m. Benj. Sampson 1778.
Abigail m. Joseph Bailey 1771.
Polly m. Calvin Snell 1785.
He m. wid. Rachel Myrick of Eastham 1781, 2d w.
The family went to the westward.
30. Jonathan (s. of Jonathan 10.) m. Martha, D. of Josiah Williams, 1752, and had Althea 1753, Caleb 1759.
31. David (s. of David 11.) m. Mehitabel, D. of Benjamin Richards 1737, and had Abiezer 1741, David 1741, Abraham 1749, Ephraim 1751. She d. 1767, he 1785, ae. 73.
Abraham. m. Freelove Dyer 1774, and had Cyrus 1775, Relief 1777.
Ephraim m. Sarah, D. of Josiah Packard, 1773, and he and Abraham went westward.
Abiezer m. Mary Holbrook of Braintree 1764, and had Mehitabel 1765, Mary 1767, Lydia 1769, Hannah 1772, and went to St.
32. William (s. of David 11.) m. Sarah, D. of Benj. Richards, 1740, and had Amy 1741, Hannah 1743, William 1745, Lemuel 1747, Sarah 1750, Silvanus 1752, Keziah 1754, Matilda : he d. 1805, ae. 90.
Amy m. Levi French 1760.
Hannah m. Philip Reynolds 1765, and afterwards Enos Thayer 1782.
Sarah m. Samuel Sturtevant 1769.
Keziah m. a Pierce.
Matilda m. Capt. Zechariah Gurney 1783.
Silvanus m. Elizabeth Marston 1777, and had several Ds.
33. Capt. Isaac (s. of David 11.) m. Abigail, D. of Samuel Porter of Abington, 1745, and had Isaac 1750, Abigail 1754 : he d. 1792, ae. 72.
Abigail m. Hon. Daniel Howard 1776.
34. Ebenezer (s. of David 11.) m. Sarah, D. of Mark Perkins, 1746, and had Alice 1747, Ebenezer 1749, Eunice 1750, Jonas 1752, Adin 1754, Matthew 1756, Eliphalet 1758, Robert 1760, Joel 1762, Lot 1763, Noah, Joseph : he d. 1803, ae. 79 she 1810.
Alice m. Eliab Packard 1769.
Eunice m. Wm. Jamieson 1780.
Joel Esq. m. Harmony, D. of Matthew Kingman, 1785, and went to Dartmouth, and had a s. Henry, who m. a Kelly, and lives in N. Y., and it is said has no children : the father is living with a 2d w.
35. Abiah (s. of David 11.) m. Phebe Paine 1758, and had Abiah 1759, Levi 1761. She d. 1763, and he m. Eunice Howard of Braintree 1764, and had Silas 1765, Phebe and Eunice 1767, .Howard 1768, Betsy, Hannah : he d. 1809, ae. 74.
Phebe m. Amzi Brett 1788.
Eunice m. Uriah Capen of St. 1797.
Betsy m. Isaiah Packard 1792.
Hannah m. Zadock Perkins 1796, and William Edson 1812.
36. Jacob (s. of Solomon 12.) m. Dorothy, D. of Mark Perkins, 1742, and had Jacob, Mark, Oliver, Asa, Hezekiah, Rhoda, Dorothy, Phile (or Philibert) : he d. 1777, ae. 57.
Asa gra. H. U. 1783, and settled in the ministry at Marlborough.
Hezekiah D. D., gra. H. U. 1787, and settled in the ministry at Chelmsford, and afterwards in Me.
Rhoda m. Abijah Stowell 1771, and Dorothy m. James Richards 1777, both of Newton.
Phile m. Henry Thayer 1783, and went to Winchester.
37. Solomon (s. of Solomon 12.) m. Hannah, D. of Israel Bailey, 1760, and had Hannah 1764, Sally, Lucy, Solomon, Mayhew. She d. 1776, ae. 40, and he m. Sarah, wid. of Abishai Stetson, 1779, and had Cynthia 178O, Micah 1783, Nahum 1789 : he d. 1807, ae. 77 ; she 1810, ae. 67.>br? Hannah m. Joel Edson 1789.
Sally d. 1830, ae. 61
Lucy d. 1830, ae. 57.
Cynthia m. Levi Churchill 1799, and d. 1832, ae. 53.
Nahum m. Mercy Ford of Marshfield 1817.
38. Nathan (s. of Solomon 12.) m. Martha, D. of Mark Perkins, and had Marlboro' 1763, Nathan 1767, Benaiah 1769. He d. 1772, and she m. Thomas Packard 1779.
Marlborough and Benaiah went to Me.
39. Zebulun (s. of Solomon 12.) m. Rebeckah Richardson 1764, and had Susanna 1765, Zebulun 1768 : he d. 1769. The wid. m. Silas Kinsley of Easton 1774.
40. James (s of Dea. James 13.) m. Mary, D. of Ephraim Thayer Jr. of Braintree, and had Content 1747, Eve 1750, Mary. 1754, Luke 1756, James 1758, Sarah 1760, Israel 1766, Ephraim 1768. He removed westward.
Content m. Isaac Kingman 1769.
Eve m. Benjamin Robinson 1770.
Mary m. a Prince.
Ephraim m. Charity, D. of Capt. David Packard 1790, and went to Grafton.
41. Reuben (s. of Dea. James 13.) m. Anne Perkins 1759, and had Ichabod 1760, Nehemiah 1762, Susanna 1763, Anne 1765. He removed to Hebron, Me.
Ichabod m. Rachel, D. of Ephraim Cole perhaps, 1786.
Reuben m. Jerusha Holbrook of Weymouth 1796.
42. Eleazar (s. of Zaccheus 14.) m. Mercy Richards, and had Olive 1751, Noah 1752, Eleazar 1756. He went westward.
43. Simeon (s. of Zaccheus 14.) m. Mary, D. of Mark Perkins,1761, and had Simeon 1762, d. in the army, ae. 20 ; Isaiah, Zenas, Barnabas, Alden, Benjamin, Huldah, Mehitabei, Mary, Olive, Patty.
Huldah m. Howard Cary Esq. 1785.
Mary m. Noah Packard 1790.
Olive m. David Ford 1794.
Patty m. Capt. Nehemiah Lincoln 1802.
Barnabas m. Melatiah Packard 1794, and he, Alden, and Benjamin went to Me.
There was a Barnabas Packard d. in S. B. 1795, ae. 25.
44. Abel (s. of John 15.) m. Esther Porter 1751, and had Abel 1754, Esther 1756, Adam 1758, Lydia 1760, Mary 1764, Olive 1767, Theophilus 1769. This family went to Cummington.
Theophulus is a settled clergyman at Shelburne.
45. John (s. of, John 15.) m. Sarah Hammond 1763, and had Azubah 1764, Sarah 1765, Rebeckah 1769. His w. d. 1773, and he m. a Vinson, and went to Plainfield.
46. Barnabas (s. of John 15.) m. Sarah Ford, and had Barnabas 1764, Molly 1766, Pollycarpus 1768, Bartimeus 1769, Cyrus 1771. The parents went to Cummington; and had 2 sons there, John and Philander.
47. Josiah (s. of Capt. Abiel 16.) m. Sarah, D. of Thomas Ames, 1747, and had Susanna 1749, Sarah 1751, Mary 1753, Josiah, Abiel, Shepard, Edward, Ames, Betsy, Anna. He d. 1793, ae. 70.
Susanna m. Samuel Sturtevant, and then John Bicknell.
Sarah m. Ephraim Packard 1773.
Mary m. Samuel Brett 1778.
Betsy m. Dea. James Perkins.
Anna m. Seth Snow 1795.
Abiel and Edward went to Hebron, Me.
Abiel Packard m. Hannah Harris 1794.
48. Joshua (s. of Capt. Abiel.16.) m. Mehitabel, D. of Samuel Alden, 1755, and had Caleb 175S, Joshua 1759, Ralph, Lebbeus, Mehitabel. This family all went to Me.
49. Thomas (s. of Capt. Abiel 16.) m. Mary, D. of Henry Howard perhaps, 1756, and had Parmenas 1757, Silence 1760, Mary 1762, Thomas 1764, Zibia 1766, Elijah 1769, Cyrus 1772, Daniel 1776. He m. wid. Martha Packard 1779.
Silence m. Daniel Howard.
Mary m. John Robinson 1781.
Zibia m. Jacob Packard 1789.
Elijah m. Nabby Packard 1793.
Cyrus m. Kezia, D. of Matthew Kingman 1795.
Daniel m. Nancy, D. of Maj. James Keith, 1796.
Elijah and Daniel went to Pelham.
50. Timothy (s. of Capt. Abiel 16.) m. Sarah Alden, and had Bethuel 1760, Calvin 1762, Luther 1764, Sarah 1767, Timothy 1769, Perez 1771, Josiah Edson 1776 : he d. 1780, ae. 48.
Sarah m. Elisha Eames.
Bethuel m. Rebecca Peterson of Dux. 1783, and went to Me.
Calvin went to Easton : his w. Betsy : they had Sally 1786, Zibeon 1789, Tilson 1792.
Timothy m. Aholibama Curtis 1790, and he, Perez, Luther, and Josiah Edson went westward.
Luther m. Abigail Thomas 1787.
Perez m. Mercy Thomas 1792.
51. Daniel (s. of Captain Abiel 16.) m. Hannah Perkins, 1765, and had Hannah 1766, Abigail 1768, Daniel 1770, Rhoda 1772, and went westward.
Daniel m. Zibeah, D. of Gain Robinson perhaps, and went to Pelham.
52.. Eliab (a. of Capt. Abiel 16.) m. Alice, D. of Ebenezer Packard 1769, and had Eliab 1770, Alice 1771, and went westward.
Eliab m. Hannah Shaw of. Abington 1792.
53. Benjamin (s. of Capt. Abiel 16.) m. Lurania, D. of Palatiah Phinney 1775 : left no children : gave his estate to Capt. Adin Packard.
54. Edward (s. of Joseph 17.) m. Ruth, D. of Elisha Bonney, of Pembroke, and had Chloe and Leah. His w. d. 1764, and he m. Rebecca, sister of Ichabod Pope of Dartmouth, now Fairhaven, 1766, and had Rebeckah, Edward, Jacob, Elnathan, John, Deborah, Susanna.
Chloe and Leah went to Brookfield.
Rebeckah m. Seth Gurney 1789,
and all the others with their parents went to Minot, Me.
55. Ichabod (perhaps s. of George 20.) was a soldier with Gen. Winslow 1755, m. Ruth, D. of James Allen, 1757, and had Mary 1758, Nehemiah 1760, Ichabod 1763, Lydia 1766, Isaac 1769 : he went to Oakham.
Ichabod m. Rachel, D. of Ephraim Cole, 1786.
56. Samuel (s. of Samuel 18.) m. Elizabeth, D. of Joseph Carver, 1757, and had Betty 1758, Silvia 1760. He probably m. Mary Washburn 1761 for his 2d wife.
67. Rev. Elijah (s. of Zechariah 19.) gra. H. U. 1750, and settled in the ministry at Plymouth 1754, and afterwards went to Marlborough : his wife Mary Rider : he had Abigail, Benjamin 1760, Elijah 1762, Mary 1765.
Abigail m. Dr. Simeon Dunbar 1781.
Mary m. Jesse Fobes 1795.
Benjamin m. Mehitabel, D. of Eliab Fobes, 1784, and went to Vermont.
58. Nathaniel (s. of Zechariah 19.) m. Sarah, D. of Jonathan Snow, 1753, had Zadock 1755, Ichabod 1757. She d. 1758, and he m. Anna Sloan 1758, and had David 1760, Sarah 1762, Zechariah, Nathaniel, and perhaps others.
Ichabod m. Rachel, D. of Job Chamberlin 1780.
David m. Mara Robinson 1785.
They all went to Lebanon, N. H.
59. Capt. Nathan (s. of Zechariah 19.) m. Lydia, D. of Ephraim Jackson, 1758, and had Oliver, Elijah, Nathan, Ransom, Perez, Sullivan, Jonas, Sarah, Abigail, Lydia, Olive, Roxana. He d. 1798, ae. 65.
Sarah m. Zepheniah Lathrop 1779.
Abigail m. Jonas Howard 1784.
Lydia m. Bernard Clapp 1793.
Olive m. Sam'l Dickerman 1799.
Roxana m. Sam'l Randall of Easton 1805.
Oliver m. Mary, D. of Josiah Dunbar 1785, and Ransom m. Abigail Thrasher 1797, and both went to the State of New York.
Nathan m. Polly Manly 1815.
Perez m. Elizabeth Reynolds 1803.
Sullivan m. Lucy, D. of Ephraim Jackson 1805.
60. George (s. of George 20.) m. Abigail Esty 1760, and had Amasa 1761, Philip 1763. His w. d. 1765, and he m. Abigail, D. of John Packard 1766, and had George 1767, Zadock 1768, Zebedee 1770.
Philip m. Patty Edson 1786.
61. Jonathan (s. of Seth 26.) m. Susanna Packard or Alger 1778, and had Israel 1779, Ruel 1780, Othniel 1786, Asa 1791, Albe 1793, Isaac 1796, Betsy 1799.
Ruel and Albe went to Randolph.
Othniel went to N. H.
Isaac went to Mid'o.
Betsy m. a Watson.
62. Abijah (s. of Samuel 21.) m. Ann Fobes of Easton 1767, and had Abijah 1768, Simeon 1770, Charles 1772, Gamaliel 1775.
Abijah went to Dartmouth ; m. Hannah, D. of Henry Smith, and had Henry S., now Representative of the town. Ann Maria, and Charles Fobes.
Henry m. Mary Pierce, and has William Henry, Mary Ann, Franklin S., and Charles A.
Ann Maria m. Elihu Wood.
Charles F. went to Rehoboth, then to Boston, then to N. Y., and d. there : only one child, a D., now living. .
Simeon m. Hannah, D. of Ezra Edson, 1796, and had Simeon, who went away, and is probably d.: the mother, a wid., is now living.
Gamaliel went to Dartmouth ; m. Susan Joy, and had Susan, Louisa and Amy, all now living single.
63. Caleb (s. of Jonathan 30.) m. Sarah, D. of .Nathan Howard Esq. 1782, and had Caleb 1783. He d. 1783, ae. 24, and she m. Caleb Loring of Plympton 1842 : she d. 1834.
Caleb m. Sally, D. of Josiah Packard 1805.
64. Capt. David (s. of David 31.) m. Joanna, D. of Ephraim Jackson 1764, and had Charity 1770, Abel, John, Olive, Martha, Mary. He d. of smallpox 1786, ae. 44.
Charity m. Ephraim Packard 1790.
Olive m. Holmes Tilson 1797.
Patty m. Barzillai Field 1794.
Polly m. a Rice.
Abel and John went westward.
Wid. Joanna m. Jona. Hayden of Grafton 1807.
65. William (s. of William 32.) m. Hannah, D. of Nathaniel Reynolds 1769, and had Sihon 1770, Nancy 1772, Eliphaz, William. She d., and he m. Mary Wales 1784, and had Ambrose, Cyrus, Charles, Hannah, Polly, Matilda, Sarah.
Eliphaz went to Milton.
William went to St.
66. Lemuel Esq. (s. of William 32.) m. Sarah Hunt of Abington 1774, and had Lemuel 1775, Sally 1777, Micah 1760, John 1782, Arza 1784, David 1787, Silvanus 1789, Martin 1791, Oren 1793, Isaac 1796. He d. 1822, ae. 75 : his w. d. 1825.
Lemuel d. in Boston 1822, ae. 47.
Sally m. Thomas Cary 1798.
Micah m. Lucinda Hartshorn of Walpole, and had Sarah Ann 1811, Adeline 1813, Catharine 1814, Harriet 1816.
John Esq. m. Silence, D. of Parmenas Packard, and had John 1806, David and Jonathan 1809, Lemuel 1814.
Arza m. Abi, D. of Abijah Knapp, 1812, and had Arza 1813, Edwin 1816.
David m. Susanna, D. of Mark Perkins 1810.
Silvanus, and Martin who m. a Powers, went to Boston.
Isaac m. Sally Packard 1821.
67. Isaac (s. of Capt..Isaac 33.) m. Mary Atwood of Eastham 1776, and had Isaac 1778, and d. 1778 ; and his wid. m. Daniel Cooley Esq. of Amherst 1796.
Isaac m. a Cobb of Boston, and had 2 Ds., and removed to N. York, and both of his Ds. are m. there. One m. the Hon. Dudley Selden.
68. Dea. Ebenezer (s. of Ebenezer 34.) m. Mary, D. of Nath'l Reynolds, 1774, and had Mehitabel 1774, Philip 1776, Mary 1778. His wife d., and he m. wid. Content Harlow 1781, and had Sarah 1781, Ebenezer 1783, Silvester 1785, Rhoda 1788, Ansel 1789, Charles 1792, Content.
Sally m. Matthew Randall 1802.
Content m. Benja. Southworth 1819.
Mehitabel m. Walter Ames 1796.
Wid Content m. Japhet Beal 1803.
Ebenezer m. Zerviah Phinney 1806.
69. Jonas (s. of Ebenezer 34.) m. Mehitabel, D. of Samuel Brett, 1777, and had John, Jonas 1782, Moses 1786, Hannah 1787, Lucinda 1790, David 1792, Sibil 1796, Eunice, Joel, Mehitabel.
Lucinda m. Capt. David Ames 1816.
Eunice m. Josiah Brett 1812.
Mehitabel m. a Jamieson.
Jonas removed to Maine.
Joel is d.
70. Adin (s. of Ebenezer 34.) m. Keziah, D. of Pelatiah Phinney, 1780, and had Lucy 1781, Adin, Susanna, Sally. She d. 1839, ae. 86.
Lucy m. Atherton Wild of Braintree 1808.
Susanna m. Ephraim Cole 18O8.
Sally m. Isaac Packard 1821.
Capt. Adin m. Sally Horton 1806, and went to Merrimack.
71. Matthew (s. of Ebenezer 34.) m. Keziah, D. of Luke Perkins, 1781, and had Nehemiah, Eliphalet, Matthew, Keziah : he d. 1795, or before.
Nehemiah m. Chloe, and Eliphalet m. Abigail, Ds. of Nathan Snell, 1807 and 1814, and both went to Me.
72. Dea. Eliphalet (s. of Ebenezer 34.) m. Lydia, D. of Wm. Barrell 1782, and had Robert 1784, Ruth 1786, Bela 1793, Lydia 1795. He went to Me., and had afterwards two wives, a Reed, and Anna Thayer 1800, wid. of David Thayer : she was a French, and had Betsy, Mary, and Esther.
Ruth m. Dr. Samuel W. Thayer.
Dea. Packard d. 1819, ae. 61.
73. Capt. Robert (s. of Ebenezer 34.) m. Ruth, D. of Wm. Barrell 1782, and Sally Perkins 1788, and had Ruth 1789, Huldah 1791, Patty 1793, Olive 1795. His w. d. and he m. Sarah, D. of Joseph Hayward, 1795. He had also Robert, Isaac, Ebenezer, Sally, Silvia, Almira, Mary.
Ruth m. Martin Southworth 1811.
Huldah m. Adam Capen 1816.
Patty m. Theron Ames 1816.
Olive m. Newton Shaw 1818.
Robert m. Betsy, D. of Oliver Howard.
74. Lot (s. of Ebenezer 34.) m. Mary Nelson of New Bedford 1791, and had Polly Nelson 1793, and went to Me.
75. Noah (s. of Ebenezer 34.) m. Polly, D. of Simeon Packard, 1791, and had Mehitabel 1791, Nancy 1792, Robie 1794, and went to Me.
76. Joseph (s. of Ebenezer 34.) m. Lusanna Bates 1794, and had Harmony 179.5, and went to Me.
77. Abiah (s. of Abiah 35.) m. Mary French 1788, and had Chloe 1789, Mary 1791, Anna 1792, Lydia 1795.
78. Levi (s. of Abiah 35.) m. Ruth Snow of Eastham 1789, and had Davis 1790, Levi 1793, Phebe 1795, Heman, Josiah.
Davis m. Sarah, D. of Joseph Ford 1813, and went to New Salem.
Phebe m. Martin Kingman 1816.
Levi gra. B. U. 1821.
79. Silas Esq. (s. of Abiah 35.) m. Chloe, D. of Nathan Willis, 1789, and had Silas, Charles, Chloe, Abigail.
Silas m. a Cobb of Boston.
Charles m. Charlotte, D. of Capt. Thomas Thompson 1818.
Chloe m. Thomas Wales Jr. 1811.
Abigail m. David Cobb, and is d.
80. Howard (s. of Abiah 35.) m. Jane Capen of St. 1799, and had Eunice 1799, Jane 1804, Charlotte 1810, Susanna Capen 1810.
81. Jacob (s. of Jacob 36.) m. Rebecca, D. of John French, 1774, and had Abigail 1775, and went to Warwick.
Jacob Packard of Warwick m. Hannah Kingman 1806.
Wid. Rebecca m. Charles Snell 1807.
82. Mark (s. of Jacob 36.) m. Hannah, D. of William Shaw, 1774, and had Samuel 1775, Jennet 1777, Phile 1779, Dan 1781, Thirza, Sophia, Hannah, Mark. He went to Winchester.
Jennet m. Phineas Paul of Quincy 1841.
Dan m. Martha, D. of Abiel Edson 1804.
83. Oliver (s. of Jacob 36.) m. Relief, D. of Ichabod Edson, 1777, and had Vashti 1778, Jacob 1790, Jesse 1783.
84. Mayhew (s. of Solomon 37.) m. Clarissa, D. of Ephraim Jackson, 1801, and had Hannah 1802, Salome 1804.
85. Micah (s. of Solomon 37.) m. Susan (or Sarah) Whitmarsh 1812, and had Abiezer Whitmarsh 1814.
86. James (s. of James 40.) m. Jemima, D. of Ephraim Churchill,1778, and went to Norway, Me., and had Keziah 1779, who m. a Bump, and lived in Otisfield, Me., Mary 1781, James 1783, Ephraim 1787.
87. Isaiah (s. of Simeon 43.) m. Betsy, D. of Abiah Packard, 1792, and had Hezekiah 1793, Zibeon 1795, Simeon 1797, Lucius 1801, Betsy Howard 1804.
Hezekiah m. Matilda, D. of Zechariah Gurney 1820.
Zibeon m. a Bicknell and went to A.
Simeon m. a Kingman.
88. Zenas (s. of Simeon 43.) m. Deborah, D. of Ebenezer Thayer of Braintree, 1793, and had Deborah 1795, Charlotte 1796, Zenas 1798, Hosea 1800, Rachel 1803, Benjamin Alden 1806, Mary Perkins 1808, Lorenzo Emerson 1810, Horatio 1813, Lydia Thayer 1815.
Deborah m. Samuel Holmes 1813.
Charlotte m. Joseph Wild of Braintree 1817.
Zenas m. Jerusha, D. of Isaac Horton, 1820, and had Jerusha, Betsy French, Benjamin, Ezekiel Reed, and Hermon.
Hosea m. Roxana Holmes 1818, and had Celia, Hosea, Roxana, Ebenezer and Jerome Henry.
Benjamin A. m. Rhoda Packard, and had Benjamin Winslow and Andrew Franklin.
Mary P. m. William Lewis.
Abiel m. Abigail, D. of John Harris, 1815.
Sally m. Caleb Packard 1805.
Rebecca m. Benjamin Kingman 1817.
90. Ames (s. of Josiah 47.) m. Susannah Joy 1797, and had William 1797, Nancy 1799, Susanna 1801, Betsy 1803, Josiah 1805, Bathsheba 1808, Charles 1810.
William m. Lucy Quincy Norton of Abington 1820.
91. Capt. Parmenas (s. of Thomas 49.) m. Martha, D. of Thomas Reynolds, 1778, and had Ambrose 1778, Parmenas 1782, Galen 1786, Apollos 1788, Susanna 1790, Silence 1792, Roland 1796, Gideon H. 1798, Royal 1802.
Apollos m. Sophia, D. of Amzi Brett 1811.
Susanna m. Barna. Thayer of Braintree 1806.
Silence m. Capt. John Packard 1814.
Roland m. a Dyer.
92. Thomas (s. of Thomas 49.) m. Joanna, D. of Ichabod Edson 1788, and had Azor 1790, Austin 1801. He d. 1814.
Azor m. Nancy, D. of Col. Caleb Howard, 1815.
Austin gra. B. U. 1821, and is an Attorney in W. B.
93. Elijah (s. of Rev. Elijah 57.) m. Keziah, D. of Capt. John Ames, 1783, and had Mary, Abigail, and Susanna. He d., and she then m. Benjamin Robinson 1798.
Mary m. Benjamin Robinson Jr. 1809.
Abigail m. Charles Marcy of Plymouth 1812.
Susanna m. a Ruggles at the westward, and had a D. Susanna, who m. Isaac S. Washburn.
94. Zadock (s. of Nathaniel 58.) m. Martha, D. of Henry Howard probably 1779, and had Selah 1779, who m. Pelham Bradford 1797 and d., Reuel 1782, Molly 1784, Sarah 1787, Holder 1789, Preston and Pardon 1792, Zadock 1795, Martha 1796. She d. 1799, ae. 40, and he m. a 2d w. Rebecca, and had Rebecca 1800, Luther 1802, Selah 1804, Jerusha 1807, William 1811.
Mary (Molly) m. Silvanus Conant perhaps 1808.
Sarah m. Elkanah Billings perhaps 1809.
95. Elijah (s. of Nathan 59.) m. Susanna, D. of Japhet Beal, 1789, and had Lewis 1789, Libeus 1791, Lydia 1793, Isaac 1795, Elijah 1797, Clara 1799, Patience 1801, Susanna 1803, Nathan 1806, Sophronia 1808, Damson 1811 [the word Dennison written in ink in border of page].
Lewis m. Betsy Crane 1808.
Libeus m. Minerva, D. of Daniel Alger, 1812, and had Eliza Stetson 1812, Maria Pickering 1816.
Lydia m. Samuel Codding of Mansfield 1814.
Isaac m. Sally, D. of Robert Packard perhaps. 1821 [Mary Foster written in ink in border of pg]
Clara m. Sam'l Dickerman perhaps 1822.
96. Israel (s. of Jonathan 61), m. Susanna, D. of Josiah Edson, 1801, and had Josiah 1802, Melvin 1804, Sidney 1806, Liberty 1808, Arvilla 1810, Israel 1813, Alpheus 1815, Henry, Susanna.
97. Asa (s. of Jonathan 61) m. Susanna Leach 1811, and had Abigail 1812, Geo. W. 1814, Eugenia Maria 1815, Lucinda 1819.
98. Sihon (s. of William 65.) m. Abigail Scott of Dedham 1794, and had Joseph, Oren, Sihon, Isaac, Washburn, John, Nathaniel, Davidi Betsy, Mary.
Oren m. Sally Skinner of Mansfield 1821.
Isaac m. Laura, D. of Daniel Bryant of E. B.
David lives in Boston.
99. John (s. of Jonas 69:) m. Martha, D. of William French, 1802, and had Josiah 1803, Mary F. 1805, Almira 1806, Philo F. 1808, Sidney 1811. She d.,. and he m. Lydia Drake 1817.
100. Samuel (s. of Mark 82.) m. Mehitabel, D. of Abiel Harris, 1799, and had Francis 1800, Harriet 1803, Hiram 1805, Mary 1808, Hannah 1810, Lucius 1812, Mehitabel 1815.
101. Capt. Luke (s. of Josiah 89.) m. Lucinda, D. of Samuel Battles, 1806, and had Marcus 1808, Nelson 1810, Eliza Dyer 1813, Josiah 1816.
102. Ambrose (s. of Parmenas 91.) m. Esther White 1905, and had Lucius Sumner 1808, Esther White 1809, Elbridge Gerry 1811, Martha 1814, Ambrose 1816.
103. Galen (s. of Capt. Parmenas 91.) m. Mary, D. of Isaac Horton, 1809, and had Edward 1811*, Willard 1812, Mary 1815.
Anne Packard m. a Sampson.
Betty m. Jonathan Snow 1761.
Rebecca m. James Perkins 1783.
Thomas m. Martha Perkins 1789.
Ephraim m. Polly Leach 1759.
Abigail m. Jonathan Howard 1794.
Sally m. Frederick Reed Jr. of Rehoboth 1797.
Wid. Hannah m. Samuel Kimball of E. 1797.
Salmon m. Freelove Niles 1795.
Melatiah m. Barnabas Packard 1794.
Jemima m. Eben'r Phillips, both of E. 1802.
Mary m. Silvanus Conant 1808.
Julia m. Ethan Howard of E. 1814.
Isaac m. Mary Jones Foster of Hr. 1816.
Susannah m. Albert Remington of A. 1820.
Marcus of E. m. Lucy French of E. B. 1821.
Wid. Deliverance d. in S. B. 1790, ae. 88 : she was D. of Wm. Orcutt Jr., and first m. Capt. Joseph Washburn.
Barnabas d. in S. B. 1795, ae. 25.
Experience, wife of Abiel Packard, d. in S. B. 1790, ae. 83.
Sarah m. Wm. Pool 1795.
Isaac Porter (s. of Joseph) m. a Packard.
Wid. Susanna Packard d. 1773, ae.89.
Thomas Parris of London came to Long Island, N. Y., 1683 ; thence removed to Newbury,. Ms., 1685, and to Pembroke 1697: his father was John, a dissenting minister of Ugborough, near Plymouth, England, whose father was Thomas, a merchant of London, who had a brother a merchant and planter of great wealth, who d. in Barbadoes 1660. Thomas, first above named, had a s.:
Thomas born at Pembroke 1701 m. Hannah, D. of Matthew Gannett of Scituate, 1724, and had Thomas 1725, Elkanah, Benjamin, Matthew. The father d. 1786.
Thomas (last named) m. Rebeckah, D. of Benjamin Hayward Jr., and settled within the borders of E. B., and had Benjamin 1753, Thomas 1758. Thomas, the father, d. 1797, ae. 72 ; she 1806, ae. 77. Thomas, the son, perished in a great snow storm 1777.
2. Benjamin (s. of Thomas 1.) m. Sarah, D. of his uncle Benjamin of Halifax 1774. She d. 1787, ae. 36: he then m. a 2d w. Lydia, and had Betsy 1789, Thomas. 1792, Oren 1796. The father was drowned 1817, ae. 66 ; his w. d. 1824, ae. 69.
Thomas m. Clarissa, D. of Barza Kingman, 1815.
Oren m. Eunice, wid. of William Wildy and D. of Barza Kingman, and both live in E. B., and have families.
Betsy m. *Otis Hayward 1804.
Elkanah (brother of Thomas 1.) m. Grace Mott of Scituate 1761, and has a large family at Williamstown.
Benjamin (brother of Thomas 1.) married Millescent, D. of Josiah Keith of Easton 1753, and had Samuel 1755, Matthew 1757, Josiah, Martin, Dan, Sarah and others probably. This man lived awhile in the border of Halifax, near his brother Thomas, but d. in Pembroke.
Samuel. Esq. m. Sarah Pratt of Mid'o, and settled in Hebron, Me., and is father of Albion, Keith Parris, late Governor of Me.
Matthew m. Mercy Tomson of Halifax 1780, and d. in Me., and was father of Alexander Esq. of Boston.
Josiah m. Experience, D. of Nath'l Lowden of E. B. 1788, and settled in Me., and has a son Virgil, an Attorney and Member of Congress.
Martin gra. B. U. 1790, and was a Minister of Marshfield, and d. 1839.
Dan has a family in Halifax.
Thomas and Mary Parris, of Cambridge, had Thomas 1641, Mary 1643.
John Parris, of Charlestown 1645, gave a mortgage of his houses in Barbadoes 1650 to secure £650 to be paid in Lombard street at the Green Dragon, London.
Samuel and Elizabeth Parris had Thos. 1681, Elizabeth 1682, Susanna 1687.
Thomas and Mary Parris, of Boston, had Mary 1686*, Mary 1687.
Thomas Parris at Duxbury 1710.
David Perkins (from Beverly) settled in S. B. before 1688 : was the first Representative of the town to the Gen'l Court in Boston after the union of the two colonies in 1692 ; m. Martha, D. of John Howard, 1699, and had John 1700, Mary 1702, Martha 1704, Elizabeth 1707, Susanna 1709, David 1711, Jonathan 1714, Abraham 1716, and Sarah : his w. d. 1735 ; he d. 1736, ae. 83.
Mary m. Gideon Washburn.
Martha m. Dr. Joseph Byram 1724.
Elizabeth m. Solomon Leonard.
Susanna m. Samuel Allen 1733.
Sarah m. Jabez Carver 1742.
Nathan b. before he came here, and Thomas b. here 1688; were his sons by a former wife probably. He built the first mill at the place where Lazell, Perkins & Co. have now a large mantfacturing establishment, 1694. He lived on the Boston road, near where the road turns to go to the works.
2. Nathan (s. of David 1.) m. Martha, D. perhaps of Solomon Leonard, 1709, and had Nathan 1710, Solomon 1712, Timothy 1715, Martha 1717, James 1720, Silence 1723. He d., and the widow m. Isaac Hayward 1728.
Martha m. Samuel Edson 3d 1738.
3. Thomas (s. of David I.) m. Mary, D. perhaps of James Washburn 1717, and had Mary 1715, Hepzibah 1720, Thomas 1722, Ebenezer 1727, Francis 1729 : she d. 1750, he 1761.
Mary m. Josiah Hayward 1742.
Hepzibah m. Eleazar Carver 1746, and Ebenezer Keith 1759.
4. David (s. of David 1.) m. Alice, D. of John Leach, 1738, and had David 1739, Zephaniah 1742, John 1746, Robert 1750, Asa 1754.
Zepheniah m. Mary Ford 1766.
5. Jonathan (s. of David 1.) m. Bethiah, D. of Nath'l Hayward 1738, and settled in E. B. and had Jonathan 1739, Elizabeth 1742, Bethiah 1746. His wife d., and he m. Priscilla Bourne, and had Bourne 1758 : the father d. 1796, ae. 82 ; she 1813, ae. 92.
Jonathan was badly burnt in a forge, and became entirely blind : he probably m. Mary Hamlin 1765.
Elizabeth m. Consider Bearce of Halifax 1761.
Bourne d. of the small-pox 1778, ae. 20.
6. Abraham (s. of David 1.) m. Mary, D. of Eleazar Carver, 1743, and had Abraham 1750, Mary 1752 : he d. 1807, ae. 90.
Mary m. Caleb Cary 1778, and d. 1840.
7. Nathan (s. of Nathan 2.) m. Sarah, wid. of Nathan, or D, of Solomon Pratt, 1752, and had Phebe 1753, Joanna 1755, Nathan 1755, Lucy 1760, Charles, Deborah.
Deborah m. John Conant 1772.
Perhaps Charles and Deborah were children of a former wife.
8. Solomon (s. of Nathan 2.) m. Lydia, D. of Jonathan Sprague, 1733, and had Joseph and Benjamin 1735, Solomon 1737, Lydia 1741, Eliab 1743.
Joseph m. Martha Hayward 1761.
Benjamin m. Hepzibah Washburn of Mid'o, 1761.
Solomon was in the French war, 1755, under Gen. Winslow, and m. Sarah Edson 1760.
Lydia m. Abner Sears of Mid'o, 1762.
9. Timothy (s. of Nathan 2.) m. Susanna, D. of Samuel Washburn 1736, and had Nathaniel. Timothy Perkins m. Zip-porch, D. of William Washburn 1753.
Nathaniel m. Mary, D. of Joseph Alger, 1775.
10. James (s. of Nathan 2.) m. Bethiah Dunham 1742, and had Martha 1743, James 1746, Barnabas 1752, Ezra 1756, Seth 1762.
Martha m. John Porter Jr. 1764.
11. Thomas (s. of Thomas 3.) m. Mary, D. of Solomon Pratt, 1748, and had William 1748, Mary 1750, Sarah 1752, Enoch 1754, Thomas 1756, Theodore 1758, Deborah 1761, Cyrus l 767 : his will and d: 1773 ; she d. 1778.
William m. Elizabeth, D. of Eleazar Cary, 1777, and d. 1778, and. she m. Solomon Snow 1780.
Mary m. Oliver Carver 1774.
Sarah m. Eli Hudson 1776.
Thomas gra. H. U. 1779, and d. young in Kentucky.
Theodore m. Martha, D. of Nathan Conant 1783, and had Thomas 1785. She afterwards m. Rev. William Conant.
Deborah m. Benjamin Edson 1782.
Cyrus m. Sally Howard 1787, and went to Vt.
12. Ebenezer (s. Thomas 3.) m. Experience Holmes 1751, and had Ebenezer 1752, Mary, Holmes 1757, Hepzibah 1759, Susanna 1764, and Nancy : he d. 1770.
Holmes moved away.
Susanna not m.
Nancy m. Rufus Leach 1798.
13. Francis (s. of Thomas 3.) m. Susanna, D. of Dea. Robert Waterman of Halifax, 1762, and had Susanna and Robert. She d. 1770, and he m. Philibert, D. of Ephraim Keith, 1775, and had Jacob, Francis, Philibert. He d. 1783.
Susanna m. Enoch Perkins 1783.
Robert d. 1793, ae.29.
Philibert not m.
Francis m. Polly Leonard 1815, and had Francis and one other son, and both went eastward. He m. a 2d w.
14. Charles (s. of Nathan 7.) m. Abigail, D. of Perez Waterman, 1762, and had Olive, Sene, Charles, Philip, and others perhaps : he removed to the westward.
Olive m. Nehemiah Edson 1783.
Sene m. Ezra Edson Jr. 1782.
15. Dea. James (s. of James 10.) m. Mary Hooper 1771, and had Bethiah 1772, Rufus 1774, Levi 1776, Martha Porter and Polly. He d. 1795, ae. 75 ; she 1803, ae. 80.
Bethiah m. Dr. Shubael Lovell of Barnstable 1797.
Levi H. Perkins m. Bethiah Dunbar 1804.
Martha P. m. Phineas Blake of Canton 1804.
Polly m. and went westward.
16: Enoch (s. of Thomas 11.) m. Susanna, D. of Francis Perkins, 1783, and had Humphrey 1786, Moses 1788, Enoch 1791, Susanna 1793, Robert 1796, Sarah 1798, Harry 1800 : he went to Me.
17. Ebenezer (s. of Ebenezer 12.) m. Mary, D. of Solomon Pratt, 1782, and had Daniel, Solomon, Thomas, Aaron, a Baptist Minister in N. Y.; Oman, Ebenezer, Simeon, Ozias, went to Hanson, Minerva, Mary.
Simeon m. Sally W., D. of Timo: Hayward.
Daniel m. Mehitabel Robinson of Taunton 1809, and d., and she m. Charles Daniels 1814.
Mary m. in Boston.
Minerva m. Allen Edson 1815.
Thomas m. Betsy Munroe 1819.
Ornan m. Betsy Crooker of P. 1818.
18. Jacob (s. of Francis 13.) m. Mary Thomas of Pem. 1808, and had Mary, Marcia, Jacob, David gra., B. U. 1834, Sally Keith, Edith, Ellen, Robert, Nathaniel.
Mary m. Calvin Pratt of Mid'o.
Maria m. Thos. Washburn.
Jacob, Sally Keith, and Edith all d. 1835.
Mary the mother d. 1839.
19. Rufus (s. of Dea. James 15.) m. Rebecca, D. of Thomas Johnson, 1797, and had Rebecca J. 1799, Cassandra L. 1802, Huldah A. 1804, Rufus S. 1807, Maria S. 1839, James T. 1813, Lucy Ann 1818. He went westward.
20. Solomon (s. of Ebenezer 17.) m. Clarissa, D. of Dyer Robinson 1813, and had Henry 1814, Charles R. 1816, William Franklin 1818, George Sproat 1820, Ebenezer 1826, Mary and Martha 1828, Saba 1829, Alfred Holmes 1830.
21. Rev. Daniel Perkins, born in Topsfield, Essex Co. gra. H. U. 1717, settled in the ministry in W. B., Oct. 4, 1721, m. Anne Foster of Charlestown, and had Anne 1724, Richard. 1730. She d., and he m. madam Hancock, mother of the Governor : he d. Sept. 29, 1782, ae. 86. Anne m. the Rev. Matthew Bridge of Framingham 1747, and afterwards the Rev. Mr. Harrington of Lancaster.
22. Dr. Richard (s. of the Rev. Daniel 20.) gra. H. U. 1748, was a Physician, m. Mary, D. of his mother-in-law, and sister of Governor Hancock, 1760, and had Daniel 1761, Mary 1763, Nancy 1764, Richard 1766, Sarah 1767, John Hancock 1769, Lydia Henchman 1770, Elizabeth 1771, William 1773, Lucy 1775, Foster 1777, George Washington 1778. She d. 1779, he then m. Mary Hunt of Watertown 1781 : he d. Oct. 16, 1813, ae. 83.
Mary m. Dr. Simeon Dunbar 1804 : his 2d w.
Nancy not m.
Richard was a Physician ; removed to Whitestown.
Sarah m. a Hughes of Boston, left no children.
John H. m. Vina, D. of Edward Lathrop, 1793, was a Physician, had a D. Mary Lathrop 1797, and removed to Whitestown.
Lydia H. m. Samuel Spear 1795, and had a son Samuel who gra. H. U. 1817, and d. at S. Carolina (was drowned) in youth ; she d., and he m. her sister Lucy 1798.
Elizabeth m. Rev. Eben. Withington 1797.
William went to Boston, m. Nabby Butler Crane 1790, and had William Foster 1800, Abijah Crane 1802.
Foster d. young.
23. Dr. Daniel (s. of Richard 22.) m. Bathsheba, D. of Josiah Williams 1783, and had Louisa 1804, Mary, Daniel. She d. 1836, ae. 73 ; he 1839, ae. 78. Mary m. Dr. Noah Whitman 1812..
Daniel went to Charleston, S. C., m. there, and had a family, and has returned to Boston, where his w. d. 1839.
24. George W. (s. of Dr. Richard 22.) m. Anna, D. of Joseph Ames, 1802, and had George W. 1803, Mary Ann 1805, Eliza Jane 1807, Richard Foster 1809, Lucy 1812, Joseph Ames 1814. He removed to Augusta, Me.
25. Mark Perkins came from Ipswich 1741, and settled in N. B.: his wife was a Whipple (probably Dorothy) : he had Josiah, Jonathan, Isaac, Jesse, Dorothy, Sarah, Jemima, Martha, Mary : he d. 1756, ae. 58.
Dorothy m. Jacob Packard 1742.
Sarah m. Ebenezer Packard 1746.
Jemima m. Levi Keith 1759.
Martha m. Nathan Packard.
Mary m. Simeon Packard 1761.
Dorothy Perkins, the wid. perhaps, m. Solomon Packard 1760.
26. Josiah (s. of Mark 25.) m. Abigail, D. of Benjamin Edson, 1755, and had Mehitabel 1756, Abigail 1758, Mark 1760, Josiah 1762, Sarah 1766, Benjamin 1763, Silvia 1769, Jacob, Shepard : he d. 1798, ae. 73.
Mehitabel m. Daniel Ames 1780.
Abigail m. Benjamin Hayward 1777.
Benjamin m. Hannah, D. of Jeremiah Washburn 1789, and went to Me.
Jacob went to Springfield.
27. Jonathan (s. of Mark 25.) m. Abigail, D. of Jonathan Packard, 1752, and had Abigail 1757, Jonathan 1758, Ruby 1761, George 1763, Daniel, Susanna, Parna : he d. 1802, ae. 74.
Abigail m. Jonathan Cary 1784.
Ruby m. Alpheus Cary 1786.
George went to Canada.
Susanna m. Robert Howard 1788.
Jonathan m. Abigail, D. of John Howard, 1785, and had a son Moses Hudson 1791.
28. Isaac (s. of Mark 25.) m. Joanna, D. of Benjamin Edson 1754, and settled in Titicut, and had Abraham 1755, Isaac 1757, Joanna 1761, Jacob 1763.
Jacob m. Abigail Leonard of Mid'o. 1788.
29. Capt: Jesse (s. of Mark 25.) m. Susanna, D. of Dr. Daniel Field, 1769, and had Zadock 1771, Rachel 1776. His w. d., and he m. Bliss, D. of Pelatiah Phinney, 1789, and had Jesse 1791. He m. Sally Silvester 1808 for his 3d w.
Rachel m. Shepard Perkins 1797.
30. Mark (s. of Josiah 26.) m. Tabitha, D. of Jeremiah Washburn, MA, and had Charity 1785, Phebe 1788, Susanna and Sibil 1791, Sally 1796.
Charity m. Capt. Asa Jones 1806.
Phebe m. David Macomber of Easton 1805.
Sibil m. Josiah Dunbar 1807.
Susanna m. David Packard 1810.
Sally m. Waldo Field 1820.
31. Josiah (s. of Josiah 26.) m. Anna, D. of Jonas Reynolds, 1790, and had Jonas 1790, Nahum 1792, Mehitabel 1795.
Jonas gra. B. U. 1813, m. Rhoda, D. of Simeon Keith, 18152 and .settled in the ministry at Braintree.
Nahum m. Vesta, D. of Caleb Copeland, 1820.
Mehitabel m. Charles Keith 1817.
32. Shepard (s. of Josiah 26.) m. Rachel, D. of Capt. Jesse Perkins, 1797, and had Azel, Josiah, Zadock, and Susanna.
33. Zadock (s. of Capt. Jesse 29. m. Hannah, D. of Abiah Packard, 1796, and had Anselm 1797, Sidney 1799. He d., and the widow m. William Edson 1812.
Anselm m. Dorothy, D. of Samuel Battles, 1819.
Sidney m. a Capen.
34. Jesse Esq. (s. of Capt. Jesse 29.) m. Elizabeth, D. of Rev. Thomas Crafts, 1815, and had Caroline Bliss, Thomas Crafts, Mary Porter, Frederick and Elizabeth.
35. Luke (nephew to Mark 25.) came from Ipswich, settled in N. B., m. Rebecca, D. of James Packard, 1749, and had Anne 1750, Jemima 1753, Mary 1754, James 1757, Luke, Keziah, Susanna, Martha, Phebe : he d. 1776, ae. 51.
Anne m. Jonas Reynolds.
Jemima m. Joseph Reynolds 1772.
Mary m. Capt. William French.
James m. Betsy, D. of Josiah Packard, and went to Minot, Me.
Luke m. Mary, D. of Nathan Snell perhaps, 1797, and went to Winthrop, Me.
Keziah m. Matthew Packard 1751.
Susanna m. Simeon Brett 1777.
Martha m. Gideon Lincoln 1781.
Phebe m. Asaph Howard Esq. 1789, and went to Minot.
James m. Rebecca Packard 1783.
Betty m. Benanuel Leach 1741.
Lydia m. James Keith 1744.
Phebe m. James Thurston 1749.
Mary m. Joseph Warren 1756.
Rebecca m. Jona. Washburn 1757.
Anne m. Reuben Packard 1759.
Hannah m. Daniel Packard 1765.
Betty m. Samuel Snow 1775.
Rebecca m. Josiah Packard Jr. 1782.
Sally m. Capt. Robt. Packard 1758.
Martha m. Thos. Packard 1769.
Olive m. Benjamin Pratt 1789.
James m. Rebecca Packard 1783.
Nathaniel Jr. m. Hannah Hayward 1794.
Polly m. Dean Howard of E. 1800.
Naomi m. Alfred Johnson 1801.
Jesse m. Sally Silvester 1808.
Asa m. Huldah Hayward 1815.
Susanna m. Otis Alger 1817.
Wid. Hannah m. John Snow 1821.
Dan Shaw m. a Perkins of M.
Dr. Nathan Perry (s. of Nathan of Norton) m. a Clapp, and settled in N. B., and has William, Julia and Sophia.
Akerman Pettigill m. Joanna, D. of Sam'l Kingman, 1723, and had Daniel 1726, Nathan 1732, Jacob 1734, and Hannah. His wife d., and he had a 2d w. Mehitabel, and had Stephen 1743, Silence 1745.
Akerman Pettingill m. Deborah Colson 1749.
2. Samuel Pettingill m. Martha Jackson of A. 1732, and had Edm'd 1739, Joseph 1743, Jona. 1748, Martha 1751, Sam'l 1753.
3. Joseph Pettingill m. Mary Edson 1745 ; she d. 1746, and he m. Lydia Phillips 1746, and had Mary 1747, Esther 1749, Hannah 1750, all b. in A.; Lydia 1752, John 1753, Phebe 1755, Joseph 1757, William 1759, Obadiah and Joanna 1762 : he d. l777 ; she 1795.
William m. Lydia Cobb 1784.
Joanna m. William Turner 1781.
4. Daniel (s. of Akerman 1.) m. Hannah, D. of Samuel Soper, 1750, and had Oliver 1752, Molly 1754, Sarah 1756, Hannah 1759, Silvia 1761, Jacob 1763, Asa 1765, Susanna 1767, Sybil and Celia 1771 : he d. 1808.
Asa m. Elizabeth, D. of Thomas Carr, 1789.
Sybil m. Josiah Hathaway 1788.
5. Nathan (s. of Akerman 1.) was a soldier with Gen. Winslow 1755 at Nova Scotia, and m. Elizabeth, D. of Thomas Carr, 1760, and had Betty 1760, Akerman 1763, Hugh 1766. His w. d. 1768, and he m. Margaret Markham 1775, and had Thomas 1775, Anne 1778.
Betty (or Joseph's D. below) m. Ichabod Shurtleff of Plymo. 1787.
6. Daniel Jr; m. Sarah, D. of Matthew Gannett, 1755, and had Matthew 1756, Daniel 1758, Molly 1761. Wid. Sarah m. Amos Ford of Dux. 1766.
7. Joseph (s. of Samuel 2.) m. Hepzibah Townsel 1764, and had Betty 1765. She (or Nathan's D. above) m. J. Shurtliff 1787.
8. Stephen (s. of Akerman 1.) m. Abigail, D. of Sam'l Ripley perhaps, 1764, and had Mehitabel 1766, Abigail 1767; Rhoda 1768, Beza 1771, Ruby 1773, Stephen 1777.
9. John (s. of Joseph 3.) m. Elizabeth, D. of Thos. Thompson, 1784, and had John 1785, Arminta 1786, William 1789, after his father's death.
10. Hugh (s. of Nathan 5.) and his wife Hannah had Ethan 1786, Holmes 1789, Jennet 1791, Betty 1793, Heman 1795.
11. Edmund and his wife Sarah, D. of Ashley Curtis, m. 1760, had Mehitabel 1761, Edmund 1762, Josiah 1765. Wid. Sarah m. Amos Ford of Duxbury 1766. [See Daniel Jr. 6.]
12. Obadiah m. Eleanor Cobb 1792, and had Arcadius 1793, Obadiah 1795.
Mehitabel m. Jonathan Pitcher of Norwich, Conn., 1733.
Wid. Martha m. Anthony Pierce 1748.
Widow Anne m. John Kingman 1771.
Benjamin of E. m. Molly Howard 1773.
Benjamin m. Mary, D. of Henry Kingman, 1747.
Daniel of E. was a magistrate.
Daniel and Esther, of A., had Joseph 1719, Benjamin 1720, Joanna 1722, Sarah 1725, who m. Joseph Bates 1746 : he d. 1726 ; she 1735.
Obadiah and Martha, of A., had Daniel 1732, Joanna 1735, Samuel 1739 : he d. 1743.
John d. 1742 ; his wid. Priscilla d. 1772, ae. 88 : both at A.
Thomas.Phillips (from Marshfield) settled in E. B., and was probably son of Benjamin, who was s. of John, whose father John was at Marshfield 1638. Thomas m. the wid. of John Sherman, D. of Mark Eames and g. D. of Anthony Eames of Marshfield : Sherman lived in Rochester, and left one s. Anthony Sherman, who came to E. B.
Phillips came to E. B. about 1735, and had Abiah, Thomas, Lydia, Mark 1736, Deborah 1739. His w. d., and he m. Hannah, wid. of Micah Allen, and D. of Timothy or Joseph Edson, 1747 : she d. 1768 ; he d. before 1767.
Lydia m. Zebulun Cary 1749.
Abiah m. Benjamin Taylor 1761, and d. 1800 ae. 70.
Taylor d. 1776, ae. 80. It is said one D., perhaps Deborah, m. a Wade. [See William 8.]
John, father of Benj., was killed by lightning at Marshfield 1656.
2. Thomas (s. of Thomas 1.) m. Mary, D. of David Hatch, 1755, and had John 1756, Mary 1758, Thomas 1760, Joseph, Turner, David : he d. at Spectacle Island in the harbor of Boston, of the smallpox, 1781.
Mary m. Joseph Whitman 1780.
Joseph went to New York, and was father of Willard Phillips Esq. of Boston, Judge of Probate, &c.
David also went to N. York.
Wid. Mary Phillips d. 1811, ae. 77.
3. Mark (s. of Thomas 1.) m. Mercy, D. of Blaney Phillips of Hanson, 1762, and had Chloe 1764, Mark 1768, Molly 1770, Susanna 1772, Wadsworth 1774, Nabby 1777, d. single 1807; Barzillai 1779, Lucy 1783, Mercy 1787, d. single 1831 : he d. 1811, ae. 75 ; she 1816, ae. 71.
Chloe m. Isaiah Whitman 1784.
Molly m. Barza Kingman 1791.
Susanna m. Jacob Lowden 1794.
Lucy m. Smardus Snell 1807.
Wadsworth and Barzillai went westward.
4. John (s. of Thomas 2.) was serjeant in Gen. Washington's life guard during the Revolutionary war, and m. Jennet, D. of John Young, 1784, and had George Y. 1788, Jennet 1790, Marquis La Fayette 1792, Eunice Bass 1797, Robert 1802 : his w. d. 1823, ae. 57.
George Y. m. Bethiah, wid. of Asa Mitchell and D. of Joseph Lazell, 1812, and had Abigail Ames 1813, and Asa Mitchell 1815, and the family all removed to Poughkeepsie, N. Y.
5. Thomas (s. of Thomas 2.) m. Martha, D. of Capt. Simeon Whitman, 1783, and had Thomas and Joanna Whitman : he d. 1809, ae. 49.
Thomas went to Natick.
Joanna m. John Corthrell of Abington 1811.
6. Turner (s. of Thomas 2.) m. Huldah, D. of Capt. Simeon Whitman, 1787, and had Electa, Huldah, and others. He d. 1824, ae. 60.
Huldah m. Algernon Sidney Brett.
Electa m. Jared Reed, his 2d wife.
7. Mark (s. of Mark 3.) m. Celia, D. of Job Chamberlin, 1789, and had Lucinda 1790, Nathan 1793, Nabby 1798, Wadsworth 1800, Phebe 1804, Celia 1810.
Lucinda m. Melzar Hudson 1818.
Nabby m. Jona. Pratt of Halifax 1821..
Phebe m. Benjamin H. Washburn.
Celia m. Nathaniel Porter.
8. William Phillips (from Easton) m. Hannah, D. of John Pryor, 1718, and d. 1743 : he lived in Hanson probably (then Bridgewater).
His D. Lydia m. Joseph Pettingill 1746.
Mary, who m. Ezra Warren 1752, might have been his D. also.
Caleb Phillips was also in Bridgewater 1738, perhaps father of Eliphalet below.
Deborah m. Levi Wade 1766. [See Thomas 1.]
9. Eliphalet Phillips m. Mary, D. of David Howard, 1762, and had Eliphalet 1765, Mary 1768, Caleb 1770, Hannah 1771: he d. 1773, and the wid. m. Seth Harris.
Hannah m. Benjamin Leonard 1715.
Cyrus B. m. Lucretia Barrett of E. 1819.
Samuel of Norton m. Lydia Bassett 1726.
Ebenezer of E. m. Jemima Packard 1802.
Diana H. m. Jo. Allen Jr. 1814.
William m. Mara Kingman 1795.
Capt. John m. Bridget Southworth 1749.
Betty m. Wm Brett 1801.
Rebecca of Plymo. m. Zadock Packard 1799.
Mary M. m. Jo. Blanchard 1807.
Nancy m. Philip Andrews 1820.
Ezra m. Mehitabel, D. of Joseph Allen, 1809.
Lewis m. Polly Goodspeed 1795.
PHINNEY or FINNEY
Pelatiah Phinney settled in S. B., and m. Mercy, D. of Josiah Washburn, 1738, and had Freelove 1740, Lurania 1741, Onesiphorus 1744, ,Mary 1745, Zerviah 1748, Esther 1751, Keziah 1753, Bliss 1754, Hannah 1758, John 1760.
Pelatiah Phinney m. Mary Randall of E. 1764.
Freelove m. Jacob Tomson of M. 1761.
Lurania m. Benja. Packard 1775.
Zerviah m. Ebenezer Packard 1786.
Esther m. Barnabas Curtis 1774.
Keziah m. Adin Packard 1750.
Bliss m. Capt. Jesse Perkins 1789.
2. Joseph Phinney and his wife Mary had Amy 1745, Noah 1748, Rebecca 1751 : his w. d. 1760. Joseph Phinney m. Alice Campbell of T. 1761.
Amy m. Robert Randall of E. 1764.
Noah m. Betty, D. of Jeremiah Conant, 1769.
Ithamar Phinney m. Anna, D. of Simeon Leonard 1799.
Achsah m. James Wood 1764.
Experience Phinney m. William Slack of T. 1775.
Jonathan of M. m. Deborah Wade 1735.
Anthony Pierce and his w. Keturah lived in E.B., (perhaps now Hanson), joined Mr. Angier's Church 1741, had Susanna 1733, who m. George Bradley 1753. He m. a 2d w. Martha, wid. of Obadiah Pettingill of A. 1748, and had Anthony 1755.
Anthony m. Sale Pratt 1778.
John Pierce of P. m. Susanna Newland 1713.
Wid. Polly Pierce m. Perez Williams 1798.
Benjamin Pierce m. Jane, D. of Dea. Thomas Hayward, 1750 : his 2d wife.
Mary m. Ebenezer Keith 1741.
Martha m. John Fobes 1735.
Sarah m. Elisha Pierce 1731.
Mary of Scit. m. Benjamin Pope Esq. 1792.
Elisha Pierce of Scit. m. Mary, wid. of John Field and D. of Ephraim Howard.
Lydia m. John Heiford 1706.
Mercy m. Joseph Truant 1767.
Sarah m. John Pratt 1751.
Hannah m. Joseph Newell 1732.
Abigail m. Eleazar Alden 1819.
Anna m. Moses Mandell of Dorchester 1819.
Benjamin of Scit. m. Charity, D. of Jona. Howard I742.
Calvin of Scit. m. Huldah, D. of Hezekiah Hayward 1767.
Jacob Pierce m. Lucy Conant 1794.
Polly of M. m. David. Leonard 1797.
.Lucy m. Andrew Tucker 1814.
PINCIN or PINSON
William Pincin, b. 1757. (s. of Thos. of Scituate) m. Elizabeth Beal of Hingham 1777, and settled in E. B., and had Deborah, Benjamin 1781, Betsy 1785, William 1787 : he d. 1825, ae. 72 ; his mother, wid. Ann Pincin, d. 1808, ae. 77.
Deborah m. Abel Delano. 1795.
Benjamin m. and d. 1830, ae. 49.
Betty m. Elijah Beal of Hingham 1804.
William m. Margaret Whiting 1807, and d. 1822, ae. 35.
Mehitabel Pincin m. Martin Beal of Hingham 1816.
2. Benjamin, b. 1760, (s. of Thomas of Scituate and brother of William above) came also to E. B. with his mother and brother, and m. Molly, D. of Abishai Stetson 1787, and had
Polly, who m. Daniel Magoun of P., 1816,
and Susanna, who m. Dexter Pratt.
Thomas Pinson, the ancestor of this family, was at Scituate before 1636. His g. g. s. Thomas m. Anne Taylor 1755 at Scituate, and had Elizabeth 1756, William (above) 1757, and Benjamin (above) 1760.
This name is variously written in the early records, Pinson, Pincin, and Pinchin, and the last accords with the uniform pronunciation. It is undoubtedly the same name as Pynchon, and Pinson is probably the original and true spelling. Wm. Pinson (so spelt) of Wolverhampton Co., of Stafford, Eng., gave a power of attorney to Richard Brown of N. E. 1658. William Pynchon, of Roxbury 1630, went to England 1652, and d. there 1662. Who else of the name could then have had occasion to give this power? Besides, Brown came over the same year, 1630, and was a ruling Elder and Representative at Watertown.
John Pincin of Chesterfield m. Judith Curtis of Scit. 1788.
Abner Pincin m. Hannah Cowen 1770.
Welcome m. Deborah Crooker of P. 1818.
Rebecca m. Southworth Gammons Jr. of M. 1819.
Isaac Pool (from Weymouth probably) and his wife Bethiah lived in S. B.: he d. 1759 ; she 1766.
Isaac Pool (father or son) was in the French war 1755 at Nova Scotia.
Hannah Pool m. John Pain 1735.
2. Isaac Jr. m. Sarah, D. of Joseph Leonard 1743, and had Hannah 1744, Mary 1746, Olive 1748, Isaac 1751, Wealthy 1753, David 1755.
Isaac m. Rebeckah, D. of Nathan Washburn 1774. This family went to Halifax.
3. Joseph and his w. Rebecca had John 1754, Sarah 1760, Mary 1762, Hopestill 1765, Benjamin 1767: d. 1813.
Sarah m. Ebenezer Snow Jr. 1783.
4. John (s. of Joseph 3.) m. Hannah, D. of Benjamin Price, 1777, and had John 1777, Betsy 1779, George 1781.
5. John (s. of John 4. probably) m. Susanna, D. of Daniel Willis, 1801, had John 1803, Susanna 1805, Mary 1810, Elizabeth 1812, Daniel Willis 1814, George 1816.
6. William m. Sarah Packard 1795, and had William 1796, Daniel 1797, Sally 1799, Belinda 1801.
7. Samuel m. Ruth Fullerton. 1759, and lived in E. B., and had Samuel, John, William, Oliver, Olive, and others, ten in all. He went to Easton, where he d. Dec. 1830, she d. Aug. 3, 1835, ae. 97, and had 344 descendants.
Joshua Pool d. in E. B. 1822, ae. 88.
Sarah m. John Hooper 1766.
Noah of A. m. wid. Sally Crane 1819, D. of Joshua Pratt.
Samuel m. Lydia Cox I820.
Sally m. Peleg Osborn 1812.
James Jr. of Abington m. Sarah Benson 1808.
Noah of Boston m. Polly White 1808.
Mary m. Samuel Cary 1704.
Mercy m. Jacob Washburn 1761.
Joshua m. Lucinda, D. of Thomas Latham, 1783.
Anna m. Jacob Whitmarsh Jr. 1784.
Olive m. Rev. Wm. Reed 1784.
Samuel Jr. m. Abigail Porter 1786.
Jacob Jr. m. Zerviah Whitmarsh 1787.
Debo. m. Thos. Hersey 1793.
Achish m. Susanna Hersey 1799.
Ichabod Pope (from Dartmouth, now Fairhaven perhaps) settled in S. B., near the bridge, called after him Pope's Bridge : his w. was a wid. Pope, who had a s. Thomas by her first husband. They had Benjamin, Freeman, Mercy, and perhaps others : he d. 1795.
Thomas m. Huldah, D. of Sam'l Edson, 1782, and went to Fairhaven, and his son Henry keeps the Hotel in Halifax.
Benjamin Esq. m. Mary Pierce of Scit. 1792, and had Benjamin Pierce, Hannah, and Orra.
Benjamin P. m. Experience, D. of Silvanus Pratt.
Hannah m. Holman Keith.
Orra m. Kenelm Winslow.
Freeman m. Hannah Thayer 1795, and went to Enfield, and had Ichabod, William, Solon, Lavinia, and others perhaps.
Lavinia m. Charles Pratt 1821.
Mercy m. Freeman Pope of New Bedford 1797.
2. Joseph (from N. Bedford) lived awhile in S. B., and went to Ware, and thence to the State of N. York : he had Thankful, (who m. Cornelius Thayer 1796), and others.
Nabby Pope m. Isaac Washburn 1807.
Rev. John Porter (s. of Samuel and Mary of Abington, born 1716, and grandson of John, who m. Deliverance, D. of Nicholas Byram, 1660) gra. H. U. 1736, and settled in the ministry at N. B. 15th Oct., 1740, m. Olive Johnson of Canterbury, Conn., and had one D. Olive 1749, and she and her D. both d. the same year : she ae. 23. He then m. Mary Huntington of Lebanon, Conn. and had John 1752, Olive 1753, Huntington 1755, Jonathan 1756, Eliphalet 1758, Mary 1762, Sibil 1766 : he d. Mar. 12, 1802, ae. 86.
John gra. Yale Coll. 1770, was a major in the Revolutionary war, and afterwards went to the West Indies, and there died.
Olive m. John Crafts 1790.
Huntington gra. H. U. 1777, and settled in the ministry at Rye, N. H., and is now [book pub 1840] living in Roxbury very aged.
Jonathan gra. H. U. 1777, went on board a privateer as a Surgeon and was lost.
Eliphalet, D. D., gra. H. U. 1777, and settled in the ministry at Roxbury, and d. 1833, leaving no children.
Mary m. Rev. Thomas Crafts 1786, minister at Princeton, and afterwards Mid.
Sibil d. single, at Princeton, while on a visit to her sister.
2. Samuel (s. of Samuel and Sarah (Joslyn) of A., b. 1727, m. Hannah Green 1758, and settled in E. B., and had Samuel 1759, Betteris 1761, Abigail 1763. He m. wid. Ruth Reed 1764, and had Ruth 1766 : he d. 1811, ae. 84.
Abigail m. Samuel Pool Jr. 1786.
Ruth m. James Reed 1784.
3. Joseph, born 1730, (brother of Samuel 2.) m. Elizabeth Burrill 1753, and settled in St. Corner, and had Elizabeth 1753, Joseph 1755, Hannah 1758, Robert 1762, Isaac 1765, Content 1767, Mehitabel 1769, Libeus, Cyrus : he d. 1804, ae. 74.
Elizabeth m. Samuel Linfield.
Hannah m. Jona. Battles.
Content m. Wm. Glover.
Mehitabel m. Daniel Brown 1797.
Joseph m. a Capen and had no ch.
Capt. Robert m. a Gay, and had Robert, John, Joseph, Betsy, Sally and Fanny.
Robert m. a Capen.
Isaac m. a Packard, and had Rodolphus, Samuel, Reuben, Martin, Galen, Susanna, Sybil and Anna. Susanna m. a Thompson.
Sybil m. a Noyes.
Lebbeus settled in Wrentham, Mass.
Maj. Cyrus m. a French, and had Ahirah, Cyrus, Luther, Olive, Rebecca, Mehitabel, and Eliza Ann.
Olive m. Caleb Copeland Jr.
4. Ebenezer (brother of the 2 preceding, b. 1731) m. Lydia Loring of Plympton 1754, and had Sarah 1756, Lydia 1758, Molly 1760, Olive 1763, Susanna 1765.
5. James Porter and his wife Mary had Polly 1778, Abigail 1779 at A., Hannah 1781 and James 1788, both at Plainfield ; Sarah 1792 at A.
Hannah Porter m. Nathaniel Reynolds Jr. of Sidney, Me. 1811.
6. John 2d (s. of John of Abington) m. Susanna (or Susa), D. of Ephraim Groves, 1790, settled in E. B., and had Allen Marshall, who m. Betsy Beals 1816.
Esther m.Abel Packard 1751.
Jona. Porter m. Mary Chipman of Halifax 1763.
John Jr. m. Martha Perkins 1764.
Hezekiah of Windsor m. Sarah Carver 1757.
Hannah m. Judah Wood 1757.
Adam m. Deborah Gannett 1776, and Sarah Hunt 1806.
Sarah m. Abijah Snow of Abington.
Abigail m. Levi Keith 3d, 1797.
Nathaniel of Halifax m. Celia, D. of Mark Phillips.
Abigail (sister of Rev. John) m. Capt. Isaac Packard 1745, and her sister Hannah m. Dea. Barnabas Tomson of H.
Polly m. William Fullerton 1796.
Mary m. Josiah Sears of H. 1817.
Samuel m. Sally Gill of C. 1817.
Sarah of H. m. Seabury Child Hathaway 1818.
Sarah m. Daniel Whitman 1819.
Lydia of A. m. Edw'd Vinton 1820.
Clifford and Mercy Porter had Bathsheba 1786.
Milicent m. John Battles 1816.
Rebecca Wood Porter m. Charles Lincoln 1816.
Edward Powers m. Phillis Bartlett 1753, and had Edward 1753, Samuel 1755, Bethiah 1757, Keziah 1759, Roland 1760*, Betty 1762, Noah 1764, Silvia 1766*, Daniel 1769. She d. 1771, and he m. Betty Whately 1772, and had Silvia 1773, Roland 1775.
Betty m. Capt. Edward Hayward 1802.
Noah m. Rhoda Williams 1787, and had Cyrus 1787, Edward 1789.
Keziah m. Prince Ford 1779.
Mary Powers m. John Burr 1748.
Mary Powers d. 1756.
Katharine Powers d. 1760.
Jo. Pratt (from Weymouth) settled in S. B. a. 1705, having with Richard Davenport bought the farm that was Guido Bailey's, near where Zechariah Whitman afterwards lived in 1702. He sold his share of the mill at Little Comfort, Abington, 1704, and named himself of Weymouth : he lived to be very aged : his will dated 1755 ; he d. 1765 : he left a widow Anna (Richards), m. 1721, a 2d wife : she d. 1766. He had Joseph, Nathaniel, Benjamin, Solomon, David, Samuel, Sarah.
Sarah m. Ebenezer Snow a. 1725.
Nathanie1 m. Sarah, D. of Benjamin Snow probably, and had Seth 1729, and Anna. His w. d. a. 1743, and he m. Hannah, D,. of Lot Conant 1745, and d. 1749.
Anna m. John Packard 1760.
The mother of Nathaniel's wife Sarah above,.was Sarah, D. of Samuel Allen, and first m. Jonathan Cary and then Benjamin Snow. (See Benjamin Snow.)
2. Joseph (s. of Joseph I.) m. Lydia Leonard 1712, and had Joseph, Jonathan, Job, Lydia, Susanna, Hannah, Tabitha, Charity, Deliverance, Abigail.. He d. 1753 : he left a 2d wife Alice, D. of Dea. Thomas Hayward, m. 1749. She was mother of Capt. Thomas Cushman : she d. 1803, ae. 96.
Lydia m. Benjamin Mehurin 1731.
Susanna m. James Richards 1740.
Hannah's will and d. 1764.
Tabitha m. Seth Hayward 1748.
Charity m. Jeremiah Washburn 1754.
Deliverance m. Amasa Rickard 1759.
Abigail m. Edward Curtis 1759.
3. Benjamin (s. of Joseph 1.) m. Sarah, D. of Henry Kingman, 1719, and had Benjamin, Nathan, John, Bethiah, Susanna, Silence, Ann : his will 1753 ; d. 1762.
Bethiah m. Josiah Mehuren 1769.
Silence m. John Muxam 1748.
Ann m. Azariah Hayward 1765.
Susanna d. 1761.
The wid. d. 1767.
Benjamin m. Lydia Harlow 1741.
4. Dea. Solomon (s. of Joseph 1.) m. Sarah, D. of Isaac Johnson, 1719, and had Sarah 1721, Abihail, Mary, Solomon 1729, Ebenezer 1731, Hannah, Isaac 1736, Daniel 1741 : his will and d. 1757.
Sarah m. Nathan Perkins perhaps 1752. (See Nathan Perkins 7.)
There was a Sarah who died 1767.
Ebenezer m. Abial, widow of John Alger and D. of John Johnson, 1758: he also m. Bulah, D. of Jonathan Washburn, 1760 : he settled in Middleborough.
Hannah m. Timothy Hayward 1767.
Isaac m. Catharine Caswell 1758.
Daniel died (a soldier) 1778, and Hez. Hooper settled his estate 1779.
Abihail m. John Conant 1746.
Daniel's wid. Mary m. Capt. John Shaw of Raynham 1779.
Daniel m. a Patten of Conn.
5. David (s. of Joseph 1.) m.. Joanna, D..of Ebenezer Allen, 1722, and settled in E. B., and had Rebeckah 1724,.Joanna 1726, Dorcas 1728, David 1729, Deborah 1732, Abner 1734. His wife d., and he m. widow Ann Leonard (she was a Bryant probably) 1735, and had Ruth 1740, Peter 1746, Ann 1747, Thomas 1750: he d. 1790, ae. 91.
Rebecca m. Elisha Allen 1745.
Joanna m. Phineas Conant 1749.
Deborah m. Joseph Orcutt 1751.
Ruth m. Obadiah Bates 1762.
Dorcas m. James Lovell 1754.
Thos. m. a Morton, and settled in Titicut.
6. Samuel (s. of Joseph l.) m. Bethiah, D. of Nicholas Byram, 1729, and settled in E. B., and had Mehitabel, Samuel, Paul, Silas, Bethiah 1747. She d. 1774, ae. 65.
Mehitabel m. David French, and afterwards Benjamin Price 1782.
Bethiah m. Wm. Daniels of Abington 1767.
The family went westward.
7. Jonathan (s. of Joseph 2.) m. Elizabexh, D. of Ebenezer French, 1740, and had Jonathan 1741, Lucy, Cornelius 1748, Elizabeth, who m. Andreas Vinacea 1778, and went to South Brimfield, now Wales ; Jeremiah 1753, Ebenezer • 1757 : he d. 1775, she 1778.
Ebenezer m. Charity Besse 1780.
Jeremiah in. Ann Bolton 1777.
8. Job (s. of Joseph 2.) m. Mary, D. of Josiah Washburn, 1757, and had Sarah 1758, and Lydia, who m. Azor Howe 1787 : Wid. Mary d. 1804, ae. 77.
Sarah Pratt m. Barnabas Blossom 1778.
9. Nathan (s, . of Benjamin 3.) m. Sarah Harlow 1745, and had Sarah and Abigail , he d. 1750, Abigail m. Benjamin Benson 1770.
Perhaps the wid. m. Nathan Perkins 1752.—(See Dea. Solomon 4.)
10. John (s. of Benjamin 3.) m. Martha, D. of Hugh Mehuren, and had Olive 1751, Levi 1754, Bathsheba 1759, Mary 1760.
Olive m. Lazarus Hathaway 1774.
John Pratt m. Sarah Pierce 1751.
11. Solomon (s. of Solomon 4.) m. Mary, D. of John Keith, 1761, and had Mary 1762 : his w. d. 1764, and he m. Abihail, D. of James Hooper, 1767, and had Nancy, and perhaps others.
Mary m. Ebenezer Perkins 1782.
Nancy m. Timo. Conant 1788.
12. David (s. of David 5.) m. Abigail, D. of William Bowditch, 1753, and had Mary 1756, Oliver 1757, Jeremiah 1760, Allen 1766. She d. 1783, ae. 51, and he m. widow Phebe Atwood (she was a Gloyd of Abington) 1784, and had David 1787, Isaac 1790 : he d. 1810, ae. 81 ; she 1817, ae. 70.
Mary m. Joshua Pratt 1783.
Jeremiah removed early.
Allen gra. H. U. 1785, and settled in the ministry at Westmoreland, N. H.
David m. Mary, D. of Seth Hobart 1815, and had David, and d. 1817, ae. 30.
Isaac m. Nancy Pratt of Carver 1813, and had George W. and Oliver.
David 3d m. Mary Weld of Me.
13. Abner (s. of David 5.) m. Martha, wid. of Henry Cary and D. of Dr. Joseph Byram, 1764, and had Nathan 1765, Susanna 1768 : he removed to S. B.
Nathan m. Lois Fuller 1786.
Susanna m. James Richards 1798.
14. Peter (s. of David 5.) and his w. Amy had Samuel 1775, Rebeckah 1777, Molly 1779.
15. Dea. Seth (s. of Nathaniel and g. s. of Joseph 1.) was ex'or. and residuary legatee of his grandfather's will, m. Hannah, D. of Joseph Washburn, 1752, and .had Nathaniel 1754, Joseph 1756, Nehemiah 1757, Simeon 1759, Seth, Silvanus, Asa, Chloe, Joanna : he d. 1795, ae. 66.
Nehemiah d. 1778, and a D. d. 1778.
Joseph went westward.
Seth gra. H. U. 1785, and d. young.
Chloe m. Jeremiah Conant 1793.
Joanna m. Adam Besse 1791, and Isaac Keith 1797.
16. Oliver (s. of David 12.) m. Susanna, D. of Nathaniel Lowden, 1787, and had Allen, Susanna 1794. His w. d. 1802, ae. 36, and he m. Rebecca Ford 1805 : he also afterwards m. Thankful Ford, sister of his 2d. w. Rebecca : he d. 1832, ae. 75.
Allen was a mariner and master of a vessel.
Susanna d. 1816, ae. 22.
17. Nathaniel (s. of Dea. Seth 15.) m. Betty, D. of Ezekiel Washburn, 1778, and had Sally, Hannah, Betsy, Elijah, Albertina, Seth, Chloe, Nathaniel.
Sarah m. Isaac Swift 2d, 1797.
Hannah m. Seth Conant 1801.
Betsy m. David Waterman 1802, and Daniel Hudson 1822.
Seth m. Lucinda Conant 1816.
Chloe m. Alvan Crossman 1813, and afterwards Nahum Mitchell of R., s. of Bradford Mitchell.
Nathaniel m. Lucy Thomas of Marshfield.
18. Capt. Simeon (s. of Dea. Seth. 15. ) m. Sarah, D. of Judge Benj. Willis, 1791, and had Simeon 1795, Charles 1794, Henry W. 1797, Benjamin W. and Sarah twins.
Simeon m. Alice Waterman.
Charles m. Lavinia, D. of Freeman Pope, 1821.
Henry W. m. Clarinda Leonard 1821.
Benj. W. m. Joanna Lucas.
Sarah m. Jabez Harden.
19. Silvanus (s. of Dea. Seth 15.) m. Experience, D. of Oliver Alden, 1803, and had
Experience, who m. Benjamin P. Pope,
and Mary, who m. Benjamin Crooker.
20. Capt. Asa (s. of Dea. Seth 15.) m. Lydia, D. of Benjamin Sprague, 1799, and had Harriet M. and Lusanna T.: he d. 1831.
Harriet M. m. John E. Howard Esq. 1821.
Lusanna T. m. . Maj. Cushing Mitchell 1822.
21. Elijah (s. of Nathaniel 17.) m. Naomi, D. of Robert Wade, 1813, and had Betsy 1813, Susanna 1815, Enoch, Loisa.
22. Joshua Pratt (s. of William of Abington) m. Experience Nash 1728, and settled in E. B. a. 1740, and had Mary, Sarah 1734, Hannah 1737, all born in A., Experience 1741, Joshua 1743: he d. 1772, ae. 67 ; she 1773.
Mary m. Nathaniel Ramsdell 1753.
Hannah m. Samuel Allen 1758.
Experience m. Nathaniel Lowden 1762.
23. Joshua (son of Joshua 22.) married Mary, D. of David Pratt, 1783, and had William 1784, Nabby 1785, Polly 1787, Sarah 1789, Dexter 1791 : he died 1813, ae. 70 ; she 1828, ae. 72.
William m. Celia, D. of Nathan Whitman, 1816.
Nabby m. Eleazar Whitman Jr. 1812.
Dexter m. Polly, D. of Benjamin Pincin.
Sarah m. Spencer Crane of Canton 1809, and afterwards Noah Pool of Ab. 1819.
24. William Pratt and his w. Polly had Albert 1811, William 1813, Anthony 1815.
25. Robert Pratt and his w. Rebecca had Cotton 1785, Ebenezer 1789.
26. John Pratt settled in N. B. a. 1737, and had Barnabas, John, Thomas, Consider, Jesse, Margery, Priscilla.
Margery Pratt m. Thomas Tribou 1746.
Priscilla m. a Smith.
27. Barnabas (s. of J ohn 26.) m. Isabel, D. of Walter Downey, 1750, and had Thaddeus, Barnabas, Catharine, Mary, Isabel, Susanna.
Thaddeus m. Rachel, D. of Jabez Churchill, 1777.
Barnabas m. Ruhama, D. of Levi French, 1787, and both brothers went to Me.
Catharine m. Jeremy Thayer 1750.
Mary m. Asa Battles.
Isabel m. Levi Brannock 1790.
Susanna m. Simeon Davie 1785. He d. 1788, and she went to Hebron, Me., with her son-in-law Davie, and lived to be 102 years old or more.
28. Thomas (s. of John 26.) m. Mercy Jones, and had Micah 1756, Consider 1759, Thomas 1761, Margery 1764, Lot 1767, Mercy 1769, Patience 1771, Noah 1774 : she d. 1777 ; he a. 1781.
Consider d. in the army.
Lot m. Polly Aldrich 1787, and he and Noah went to Vt.
Margery m. John Bolton 1787.
Mercy m. a Spear.
Patience m. John Crane 1793.
29. Thomas (s. of Thomas 2S.) m. Susanna, D. of Seth Thayer, 1788, and had Edward, Asa, Arba, Silvia, Azuba,. Rebecca, Henrietta, Susanna, Polly, Emily, Abigail.
Asa m. Lydia Humphry 1815.
Azuba m. Simeon Dunbar 2d of H. 1813.
30. Cornelius (s. of Jonathan-7.) m. Martha, D. of Jonathan Leonard, and had Jonathan, Martha, Leonard, Ebenezer, Cornelius, Lucy.
Jonathan m. Deborah, D. of Ebenezer Hathaway, 1817.
Martha m. Jabez Vaughn of Md. 1817.
Leonard m.. Clarissa, D. of Silvanus Leonard, 1818.
Ebenezer m. a Tomson of Halifax.
Cornelius m. Lusanna Tomson.
Lucy m. Thomas-Cushman.
Phineas and Joshua Pratt came over in the 3d ship, Ann, and were among the forefathers at Plymouth, and probably ancestors of most of the name in the Old Colony ;
and Benaijah Pratt admitted Freeman 1654.
John Pratt was in Bridgewater 1699.
Elizabeth Pratt m. Samuel Staples 1704.
Nathaniel m. Sarah, D. of Nehemiah Allen, 1734.
Hannah m. Napthali Byram 1744.
James of E. m. Martha, D. of John Willis, 1733.
A Pratt m. Margerie, D. of Josiah Leonard.
Joseph and Enoch were soldiers 1775.
Enoch m. Salome Rickard 1784.
Sile in. Anthony Pierce 1778.
Charity of Norton m. John Davenport 1763.
Ebenezer m. Ann Dyer 1717.
Olive m. Josiah Torrey 1782.
Matilda m. Isaac Allen 1796.
Mercy m. Alpheus Orcutt 1802.
Ebenezer of Weymouth m. Waitstill Washburn 1720.
Joseph m. Elizabeth French 1738.
Huldah m. Benjamin Reed of Cummington, 1778.
Huldah m. John Carver Jr. 1795.
Molly of A. m. Wm. Hearsey 1778.
Wid. Hannah m. Sam'l Noyes 1771.
Wid. Hannah m. Ebenezer Campbell 1764.
Deborah m. Jonathan Ames 1780.
Zebedee of M. m. Dardana Keith 1763.
Lavinia m. Timothy Willis 1786.
Benjamin m. Olive Perkins 1789.
Phebe m. Nehemiah Leonard 1792.
Hannah m. Dea. Isaac Willis 1732.
Noah m. Desire, D. of Joseph Cole 1777.
Lovicy m. Job Staples Bryant 1793.
William of E. m. Amity Brett 1797.
Elijah m. Sibil Dunbar 1798.
Nehemiah m. Chloe Rickard 1793.
Calvin of M. m. Clarissa Keith 1793.
Sally of M. m. Jeremiah Keith Jr. 1801.
Isaac of M. m. Naomi Keith 1804.
Jona. of H. m. Nabby Phillips 1821.
Lydia in. Charles Wilbor of E. 1813.
Zebulun K. of M. m. Susanna Keith 1814.
Judith B. m. Daniel E. Willis 1815.
Sarah d. 1778 in S. B.
Elizabeth d. in S. B. 1794, ae. 71.
Hannah m. Charles Tomson 1816.
Sarah m. Ephraim Thomas 1739.
Consider of H. in. Mary, D. of David Thayer.
Samuel of St. m. Eleanor Whitman 1764.
Molly m. Amasa Tribou 1780.
Benjamin Price (from Dorchester) was a soldier under Gen. Winslow, 1755, at Nova Scotia, and settled in S. B., and m. Silence, D. of Nathaniel Hayward, 1743, and had Mary 1744, Silence 1746, Sarah 1748, Hannah 1750, Benjamin 1753, Lydia 1755, Betty 1759, Susanna 1761. His wife d., and he m. Mehitabel, wid. of David French and D. of Samuel Pratt, 1782 : he d. 1805, ae. 85 ; she d. 1804, ae. 65.
One D. m. a Palmer.
Sarah m. Ebenezer Colwell 1769.
Hannah m. John Pool of H. 1777.
Betty m. Capt. Nathaniel Soper of Hanson 1782.
Benjamin m. Ruth, wid. of Jacob Washburn, 1805, and had Benjamin, who m. a D. of Timothy Harlow.
PRYOR, OR PRIOR
John Pryor (probably from Duxbury, and s. of Joseph, who d. there 1692) settled early in E. B.; m. Bethiah, D. of Samuel Allen, and had Joseph, Hannah, Sarah, Bethiah, and d. 1742. Hannah m. William Phillips 1718.
Sarah m. Theodosius Moore 1725.
2. Joseph (s. of John above) m. Ann Moore, and had Isaac 1726, Mary 1729, Martha 1736, Sarah 1739 : he d., and his wid. m. James Allen.
Mary m. Joseph Latham 1748.
Martha m. John Hanmer 1760.
Sarah m. Josiah Fobes Jr. 1766, and then John Eaton of M. 1780, and afterwards Joseph Bassett 1796: and she d. 1839, ae. 100.
Eliphaz Pryor of Dux. m. Hannah, D. of Josiah Howard.
They all descended probably from Thomas Pryor of Scit., who d. 1639, leaving Sam'! and Thomas in Eng., and Joseph, Elizabeth, Mary, John and Daniel here.