History of the early settlement of Bridgewater
in Plymouth County, Massachusetts
including an extensive family register.
Printed for the author by Kidder & Wright 1840
[Transcribed by Coralynn Brown]
1. Thomas Carr m. Mary D. of Nicholas Byram, and had two ss. Thomas and Hugh, and perhaps others : one, D., Elizabeth, m. Nathan Pettingill probably 1760.
Daniel Carr m. Martha Edson 1770.
2: Thomas (s. of the above) and his wife Mercy had Anne 1757, Thomas 1759, Mary 1762, John 1765, Reading 1767, Elizabeth 1770, William 1773, Ebenezer 1776, Mercy 1778, Simeon and Abigail 1781.
Reading m. Mercy West 1795.
Elizabeth m. Asa Pettingill 1789.
William m. Rhoda French of St. 1797.
Mercy m. Daniel Carr 1799.
William Jr. m. Anna Bryant 1820.
1. Eleazer Carver and his w. Experience settled in S. B., and had Eleazer, Nathaniel, Joseph, Experience, Mehitable, and perhaps others.
Nathaniel m. Abigail, D. ofNathaniel Allen 1736, and went to Taunton.
Experience m. Jonathan Cary 1719.
Mehitabel m. Capt. Seth Alden 1740.
2. Eleazer (s. of the above) and his w. Catharine of M. had Mary 1722, Eleazer 1724, Catharine 1726, Timothy 1728, Rhodolphus 1735, John 1738.
Mary m. Abraham Perkins 1743.
Cathaiine d. single.
Timothy removed and left no family here.
Mercy d. 1767.
Rhodolphus m. Abigail Bowman of Bedford 1763, and went to Oakham.
3. Joseph (s. of Eleazer 1.) m. Elizabeth, D. of Benjamin Snow 1725, and had Joseph 1727, Benjamin 1729, Elizabeth 1731, Sarah 1737, Experience 1739, Robert 1742, Rebecca 1744.
Some of this family removed to Scituate, R. Island.
Elizabeth m. Samuel Packard 1757.
Sarah m. Hezekiah Porter of Windsor 1757.
The mother Elizabeth d. 1755, Joseph Carver d. 1778, quite aged.
4. Eleazar (s. of Eleazar 2.) m. Hepzibah, D. of Thomas Perkins, 1746, and had Mary 1748, Eleazar 1749, Nathaniel 1752, Bethiah 1754: he d. and the wid. m. Ebenezer Keith 1759.
Mary m. Seth Alden 1767.
Nathl. learned a trade with Alden, and moved away.
Bethiah m. Capt. Joseph Alden.
5. John (s. of Eleazar 2.) m. Bathsheba Edson 1762 :
he had a D. Bathsheba, who m. Israel Bowcker 1783
and a D. Eunice, who m. Joseph Knapp of Easton 1784.
His son John m. Huidah, D. of Abner Pratt, 1795
John Carver d. 1803, ae.65: he had a large family, who removed westward.
6. Joseph (s. of Joseph 3.) m. Sarah Hartwell 1746, and had Hannah 1747, Rhoda 1749, Oliver 1751, Bernice 1753.
Oliver m. Mary Perkins 1774.
This family went to Providence.
7. Dr. Eleazar (s. of Eleazar 4.) was a physician ; m. Sarah, D. of Ephraim Keith Esq.,1776 ; and had Sarah 1777, Betsy 1779, Hepzibah 1781, Mary 1783, Eleazar 1785, Nathaniel 1787, Lucinda 1789.
Sally m. Benjamin Willis 1801, and afterwards Seth Washburn Esq. 1812.
Betsy m. Chilton Latham 1903, and afterwards Joseph Barrows, 1816.
Hepzibah m. Thomas Howard 1810.
Mary m. Capt. Abram Washburn 1804.
Eleazar is one of the firm of Carver, Washburn & Co. and m. Bathsheba Smith of Hanson 1621, and had Lucia 1822*, Joseph 1824, Mary 1826.
Nathaniel went away young.
Ruth Carver m. Timothy Ames 1786
Ruth m. Beza Harvey 1795.
Jabez m. Sarah Perkins 1742.
Wid. Sarah m. Joseph Clapp 1746.
Clifford of R., son of John, m. Wid. Polly Leonard 1806.
Sally m. Solomon Washburn Jr. 1801.
Abigail of Marshfield m. Job Ames 1814.
Eleazar 2d m. Nancy Jones 1787.
John Carver and Sukey (perhaps D. of Benj. Snell) had Grenville 1824, and Olive Snell 1826.
John Carver (or Cavener) m. Ann Jennings 1718.
Jonathan Carver was a Lieut. with Gen. John Winslow at Annapolis Royal, N. Scotia, 1755.
Jonathan m. Sarah Holmes 1746, and had John, father of Clifford.
Richard Carver at Watertown : his will 1638 ; his w. Grace : his Ds. Elizabeth and Susanna.
William Carver d. at Marshfield Oct. 2, 1760, ae. 102: (nephew of Gov. John Carver, being his brother's son): he left behind him the 5th generation of male issue.—Robert Carver, one of the train band in Marshfield 1643.
John Cary (from Somersetshire, Eng.) settled in Duxbury as early as 1639 : he m. Elizabeth, D. of Francis Godfrey, 1644, and was an original proprietor, and among the first settlers of W. B., and the first Town Clerk : he d. 1681 ; his w. d. 1680 : he had John at Duxbury 1645, Francis 1647, Elizabeth 1649, James at Braintree 1652, Mary at Bridgewater 1654, Jonathan 1656, David 1658, Hannah 1661, Joseph 1663, Rebecca 1665, Sarah 1667, Mehitabel 1670.
Elizabeth m. Dea. William Brett Jr.
Rebecca m. Samuel Allen Jr. 1685.
David went to Bristol and Joseph to Windham, Ct.
2. John (s. of John 1.) m. Abigail, D. of Samuel Allen, 1670, and had John 1671*, Seth 1672, John 1674, Nathaniel 1676, Eleazar 1678, James 1680, and then went to Bristol, and afterwards, perhaps, to N. Jersey.
And Henry Cary, b. at Bristol 1710, grad. H. C. 1733, was one of this family.
3. Francis, (s. of John 1.) named after his grandfather Francis Godfrey, m. Hannah, D. of William Brett, and had Samuel, Ephraim, Mary, Lydia. Melatiah.
Mary m. Nicholas Whitman 1715 and d. 1719.
Lydia m. Joseph Edson 1704.
Melatiah m. Joseph Lucas 1727.
Samuel Tompkins gave his estate in E. B. to Francis Cary, who was brought up with him, and was to take care of him, hence Cary named his eldest son Samuel.
4. James (s. of John I.) m. Mary, D. probably of John Shaw of Weymouth, 1682, and lived in E. B., and had Mercy 1686, Mary 1689, James 1692, Hannah 1696, Elizabeth 1700.
Mercy m. David Thurston of Rehoboth 1713.
Elizabeth m. John Whitman 1729.
James, the father, d. 1706 : the mother, 1736.
Joseph Shaw to be overseer of James.
5. Jonathan (s. of John 1.) m. Sarah, D. of Samuel Allen, and had Recompence, John, Jonathan : he d. 1695, and his wid. m. Benjamin Snow 1705 : the children chose their uncle Saml. Allen their guardian 1706—she settled the estate 1695.
6. Samuel (s. of Francis 3.) m. Mary Pool 1704, and had Joseph 1705, Lydia 1706, Alice 1707, Elizabeth 1709, Samuel 1711, David 1713, Nathan 1716, Eleazar 1718, Mary 1720.
This family probably removed to N. Jersey, Conn., or elsewhere.
7. Ephraim (s. of Francis 3.) m. Hannah Waldo 1709, and had Mehitabel 1709, Ezra 1710, Zechariah 1713, Ephraim 1714, Daniel 1716: he d. 1765 ; she 1777, ae. 90.
Mehitabel m. Benjamin Allen 1730.
Daniel m. Martha, D. of John Cary, 1742, and had a son Lewis 1742, and removed to N. Jersey.
8. Dea. James (s. of James 4.) m. Sarah, D. of Joseph Shaw, 1722, and had Sarah 1723, Joshua 1726 d. 1747: she d. 1730 ; he 1762, ae. 70.
Sarah m. William Barrell 1751 his 2d wife.
Joshua was betrothed to Josiah Byram's D. Mehitabel, who afterwards m. Daniel Beals and named a s. Joshua, after her first lover.
9. Dea. Recompence (s. of Jonathan 5.) m. Mary, D. probably Seth Crossman, 1711 : she was b. 1691 : he had Seth 1714, d. 1742, Ichabod 1715, Ebenezer 1717, d. 1744; Sarah 1718, Simeon 1719, Zebulun 1721, Jonathan 1723, Josiah 1724, d. 1743*; Mary 1726: his w. d. 1726, and he m. Sarah, Wid. of Seth Brett, and D. of Isaac Alden, 1727 : they had a D. Abigail 1729 : the father, d. 1759.
Sarah m. Benjamin Hayward 1742.
Mary m. Joseph Crossman of Easton 1747.
10. John (s. of Jonathan 5.) and his w. Experience had John 1719, Martha 1721, Henry 1723, Susanna 1725, Beriah 1729: his w. d. 1729, and he m. a 2d wife Mary, and had Molly 1732 : his 2d w. d. and he m. a 3d wife Susanna, D. of Elisha Allen, 1733 : she d. 1734, and he m. a 4th wife, Sarah Drake 1734, and had Thankful 1745, Huldah 1750.
John Cary Jr. m. Mary Harden 1741, and had Isaac 1742, Huldah 1744, and removed to N. Jersey.
Martha m. Daniel Cary 1742.
Thankful m. Jonathan Orcutt of Cohasset 1766 for his 2d wife.
This man owned the grist-mill at Orr's works, and was called Old Miller Cary. The following distich was common in after times :
Experience and Mary, Susanna and Sarah ;
These were the wives of Old John Cary.
Jonathan (s. of Jonathan 5.) first m. Susanna, D. of Joseph Keith, 1717 : she d. and he then m. Experience, D. of Eleazar Carver 1719, and had Seth 1721, Eleazar 1723, Susanna 1725, Anne 1728, Jonathan 1730, Eliphalet 1732, Experience 1734, Benjamin 1738, Jesse 1742. This family lived in S. B.
Susanna m. William Hooper 1759.
Anne m. the Hon. Nathan Mitchell 1754.
.Eliphalet (Major) m. Hannah, Wid. of Josiah Edson and sister of Thos. Lawrence, 1782, and lived to a great age, but had no children.
Jonathan, the father, d.1760 ; his widow, 1769.
12. Joseph (s. of Samuel 6.) m. Anne, D. of Elihu Brett, 1732, and had a son Barnabas 1733. He probably removed to Gloucester, R. I.
13.. Ezra (s. of Ephraim 7.) m. Mary, D. of Col. John Holman, 1737, and had Sarah 1738; Shepard 1742. He removed to N. Jersey.
14. Zechariah (s. of Ephraim 7.) m. Susanna, D. of Captain Jonathan Bass, 1742, and settled in N. B., and d. 1788 : he had Ezra 1749, Mehitabel 1752, Susanna 1755, Daniel 1758, Luther 1761.
Mehitabel m. Zachariah Silvester of Duxbury.
Susanna m. Rufus Brett 1775.
Ezra m. Cynthia Tolman of Stoughton 1770, and had Thomas 1771, Zechariah 1773.
Thomas m. Sally, D. of Lemuel Packard, I798.
Daniel was a Major and m. Mehitabel, D. of Simeon Brett, and had Zibiah 1779, Eunice 1781, Olive 1783, Francis 1785, James, Zechariah 1791.
Luther, a Physician, m. a King of Raynham.
These 3 brothers removed to Turner, Me.
Zibia m. Captain Roger Sumner of Stoughton 1801.
Olive m. Apollas Howard 1802, and afterwards had a 2d husband in Me.
15. Ephraim (s. of Ephraim 7.) m. Susanna, D. of Captain Ebenezer Alden, 1738, and had Anna 1739, Azubah 1741, Phebe 1742, Ephraim 1748, Susanna 1750, Huldah 1752, Daniel 1754 : his w. d. 1783, ae. 64, and he m. Mary, wid. of Josiah Kingman of Easton, and D. of Josiah Williams, 1784.
Anna d. 1804 single.
Azuba m. Josiah Johnson.
Phebe m. Ezra Allen 1761.
Susanna m. Asa Keith 1774, and afterwards Eleazar Keith 1795.
Huldah m. Simeon Allen 1785.
Daniel m. Hannah, D. Of Seth Thayer 1773, but had no children.
Ephraim, the father, d. 1791, ae. 77 ; his wid. d. 1803, ae. 85.
16. Ichabod (s. of Recompence 9.) m. Hannah, D. of Joseph Gannett, 1741, and had Seth 1747, Ichabod 1749, Aaron 1751, Joshua 1753, Zenas 1755, Hannah 1758,Mary 1761, Daniel 1762, Ebenezer 1765.
This family went to Chesterfield, but returned, and most of them went into Bristol County.
Hannah m. a Coloph of Sharon, one of Burgoyne's army.
17. Col. Simeon (s. of Recompence 9.) m. Mary, D. of Daniel Howard Esq. 1754, and had Molly 1755, Mehitabel 1757, Howard 1760, Martha 1765, Rhoda 1772.
Molly m. Simeon Keith 1775.
Mehitabel m. Bela Howard 1782, and afterwards Samuel Dyke 1793.
Martha m. Benjamin Keith 1788.
Rhoda m. Richard Wild 1794.
Col. Cary d. 1802, ae. 83.
18. Zebulun (s. of Recompence 9.) m. Mehitabel, D. of Matthew Gannett, 1747 : she d. 1748, and he then m. Lydia, D. of Thomas Phillips, 1749, and had Mehitabel 1751, Lydia 1753, Josiah 1754, Zebulun 1755, who d. young in Rochester ; Recompence 1757, Mary 1758.
Mehitabel m. Joseph Allen 1771.
The rest of the family went to Brookfield and Ward, in Worcester County.
19. Dea. Jonathan (s. of Recompence 9.) m. Mary, D. of Captain Moses Curtis of Stoughton, 1747, and had Moses 1748, Dorothy 1752, Jonathan 1757, Alpheus 1761, Sarah 1763, James 1766.
Dorothy not m.
Alpheus m. Ruby, D. of Jonathan Perkins, 1786, and lived and died in Quincy, leaving a son Alpheus in Boston who m. Deborah Thayer and had Alpheus 1827.
Sarah m. Daniel Alden 1786, and afterwards Lazarus A. Beal 1809.
20. Henry (s. of John 10.) m. Martha, D. of Dr. Joseph Byram, 1749, and had Benjamin 1750*, killed under a water wheel ; Eunice 1758, Benjamin 1761. He died and she m. Abner Pratt 1764.
Eunice m. Wm. Snell of S. B. 1781.
21. Eleazar (son of Jonathan 11.) m. Betty, D. of Joshua Fobes, 1745, and had Caleb 1747 : she d. 1749, and he m. Mary. Wid. of Nathaniel Washburn, 1753 : she was a Pratt of M.: and had Betty 1754, Mary 1756, Sarah 1761.
Betty m. Wm. Perkins 1777, and afterwards Solomon Snow of Raynham.
Mary m. Nathl. Morton Esq. of Freetown 1782, and was mother of Judge Marcus Morton.
Sarah d. 1838 single.
Caleb m. Mary, D. of Abraham Perkins, 1778, and had a son Caleb, who died young and unmarried ; and a D. Betsy who m. Nathl. Gilbert 1802.
Eleazar Cary m. Lucy Alden of Mido. 1794.
Eleazar Cary's w. d. 1790, ae. 73 : he d. 1806, ae. 82.
22. Jonathan (s. of Jonathan 11.) m. Lois, D. of Wm. Hooper, 1754, and had Jonathan 1754, Lois, Eunice 1760.
Jonathan d. of the camp ail 1775.
Lois m. Solomon Keith 1777.
Eunice m. Isaac Washburn of T.
William Cary d. 1775, probably his son.
23. Ephraim (s. of Ephraim 15.) m. Jane, D. of Capt. John Holman, 1771, and had Jane 1773, Salome 1774, Cyrus 1777, William Holman 1779, Ephraim 1782, Shepard 1784, Susanna 1787, Francis 1789, Jason 1791*, Asenath 1793, Harmony 1796.
Jane m. Zenas Keith 1792.
Salome m. Rodolphus Kinsley 1794.
Cyrus m. Nabby, D. of James Keith, 1802, and he and Wm. Holman both went westward.
Ephraim m. Anna, D. of Jacob Hill, 1809, and had Lucius 1510, Horace 1811, Anne 1815, and Jane Holman ; and then he, with his father and Aseneth, went to Minot.
Shepard lived and d. at Dorchester.
Ephraim, the father, d. at Minot 1828, ae. 80 : she before at E. B. 1809, ae. 57.
Susanna m. John Eaton of Dorchester 1812.
Francis m. Harriet, D. of Thomas Hayward, 1816, and lives on the old family estate in E. B. and has a family.
Harmony m. James W. Watson 1821: he d. 1833, and she m. again at T.
24. Howard Esq. (s. of Col. Simeon 17.) m. Huldah, D. of Simeon Packard, 1785, and had Simeon, Daniel Howard, Zenas, William, Elbridge, Francis, Molly, Rhoda : his wife d. and he m. Wid. Hannah Brown 1810.
Simeon m. Roana, D. of Jonas Howard, 1806, and went to Me.
Daniel m. Martha, D. of Gideon Howard Esq. 1812.
Zenas went to Winthrop, Me.
Molly m. Ezra Dunham 1809.
Rhoda m. Maj. Nathan Hayward, 1818.
25. Moses (s. of Jonathan 19) m. Susanna, D. of Jabez Field, 1773: he d. 1838, ae. 89: and had Lucius 1776, Barzillai 1780, Susanna 1783, Polly 1785, Cassandana 1788.
Lucius gra. B. U. 1798, was an attorney, and d. at Charleston, S. C., 1806, ae. 30.
Barzillai m. Vashty, D. of Nathan Snell, and had Susanna 1809, Betsy 1810, Almira 1812, Barzillai 1815.
Susanna m. Rev. John Shaw 1807.
26. Jonathan (s. of Jonathan 19.) m. Abigail, D. of Jonathan Perkins, 1784, and had Caleb, Jonathan, Luther, Martin, Huldah, Abigail, Sally, Mary. He m. Wid. Tiley Clark of Winslow, a 2d w., 1808.
Caleb, Jonathan, and Luther went to Me.
Martin m. Bethiah, D. of Ichabod Howard.
Huldah m. Darius Howard 1808.
Abigail m. Isaac Dunham 1811.
Sally m. Ziba Keith 1813.
27. James (s. of Jonathan 19.) m. Hannah, D. of Samuel Alden, 1798, and had Lydia 1800 : his w. d. and he m. Hannah, D. of Thomas Wales, 1803, and had Otis 1804, Nancy 1807, Austin 1809.
Lydia m. Ephraim Howard 1821.
Austin gra. Amherst 1837.
James Littlefield m. a Cary.
James Cary came from Bristol, Eng., and settled in Charlestown in 1639, the same year John came to Plymouth : they are supposed to have been brothers.
Zephaniah Caswell m. Azubah, D. of James Hooper 1803, and had Zephaniah 1804, Harriet 1806, Winslow Wood 1809, Susanna Hooper 1814.
Jonathan Caswell m. Tabitha Leach 1769.
. Freedom Chamberlin of Pembroke (s. of William of Hull, who was s. of Henry, who was s. of Henry, who was s. of Henry, who with his wife, mother and 2 children, came from Hingham, Eng., and settled in Hingham here 1638) had several sons viz.: Capt. Freedom, who d. in Pembroke 1821, ae 91 ; and Nathaniel, Job, Benjamin and John, who all settled in E. B.
John and his family soon moved away.
John Chamberlin of Westmoreland m. Eunice, D. of Samuel Edson, 1766.
2. Nathaniel (above) m. Sarah Foster, and had Nathaniel 1745, Sarah 1747, Ruth 1751, Mary 1754, Lydia 1756, Joseph and Benjamin 1761, Josiah 1764 : his w. d. 1765, and he m. Deliverance, D. of Thomas Snell, 1767.
Nathaniel, the father, d. 1814, ae. 91 : his last w., Deliverance, d. 1814, ae. 66.
Nathl., the son, m. Eleanor, D. of Zechariah Whitman, and bad a son Nathaniel, and moved away.
Benjamin went into Maine.
Josiah m. Lucy Pratt, and afterwards had a 2d wife and lived in Pembroke.
Ruth m. Elisha Records of Pembroke 1774.
Mary m. Benjamin White of Hanover MO.
Lydia m. Jona. Pratt.
Sarah m. Jabez Pratt.
3. Job (above) m. Rachel Bonney of Pembroke, and had Isaac 1749*, Elizabeth 1751, Job 1754, Nathan 1756, Thomas 1758, Rachel 1761, Celia 1765, Zerviah 1767, Isaac 1772 : he d. 1788, ae. 62 ; she 1825, ae. 97.
Celia m. Mark Phillips Jr. 1789.
Zerviah m. Daniel Cushing 1787.
The first Isaac d. 1769, ae. 20.
Rachel probably m. Ichabod Packard of Lebanon 1750.
4. Benjamin (above) m. Hannah, D. of Thomas Snell, 1756, and had Silvina 1757, Lewis 175S, Hannah 1760, Benjamin 1762, Aaron 1 765, Chloe 1767, Deliverance 1773, Arza 1780; all but the two last b. in Pembroke : he d. 1803, ae. 78; she 1828, ae. 93.
Silvina d. 1829 single.
Lewis m. Rebecca, sister of Major Nathi. Tompson of H., 1793, and d. 1826, leaving one child, Lewis, b. 1796.
Hannah m. a Lamberton.
Benjamin and Aaron went westward.
Chloe d. 1828 single and gave a legacy of $100 to the first parish in E. B.
Deliverance d. 1826 single.
Arza is a bachelor.
5. Joseph (s. of Nathaniel 2.) m Sarah, D. of Capt. Jonathan Bass, 1784, and had Jonathan 1786, Susanna 1788, Joseph 1792.
Jonathan was a Col. lives in West Stockbridge and has a family.
Susanna m. Thaxter Norton 1808, and lived in Sterling ; now lives in Boston.
Joseph m. Alice, D. of Dea. William Harris,1819 : she d. 1838, and he then m. Lusanna, wid. of Thomas Whitman and D. of Anthony W. Chit, and has William and Jennet, both by his 1st w.
6. Thomas (s. of Job 3.) m. Polly, D. of Nicholas Whitman, 1785, and had Job 1787, Molly 1792, Zerviah 1795, Jennet 1798, Calvin 1810, Luther, Rachel.
Rachel m. Asa Whitman 1820.
7. Isaac (s. of Job 3.) m. Charity, sister of Major Nathaniel Thompson of H., and had Ebenezer, Asenath, Wealthy, Nathan, Sophronia, and Josiah Holbrook : he d. 1806, and the wid. m. Daniel Bryant 1809.
Ebenezer m. Polly, D. of David Benson, 1820, and removed to Barnstable County.
Asenath m. Charles Brown 1819.
7. Henry (no known connection with the above) m. Susanna Hinds 1740.
Joseph m. Mary Wethrell 1767, and had Joseph 1770, Polly 1776.
Samuel Chandler and his wife Mercy had Jonathan 1699, Mary 1702, Sarah 1703, Samuel 1709, Abraham 1711, Susanna I715.
Mary m. Joseph Perry 1729.
Jonathan Chandler m. Rebecca Packard, D. of George, before 1754.
Betty Chandler m. Israel Keith 1740 : perhaps she afterwards m. Joseph Harvey 3d 1749.
Jonathan Chandler m. Wid. Abthiah Wade 1745, and d. 1775 ; Abthiah Chandler d. 1792, ae. 85.
Samuel Cheesman (s. of Sam'l Cheesman of Braintree,) came to N. B. 1772 ; m. Martha, D. of Dependence French, and had Noah, Samuel, Olive, Naomi, Polly, and Betsy.
Capt. Noah m. Lucinda, D. of Robert Howard 1799, and had Zechariah Howard 1801, Olive 1803, Noah 1810, Lucinda 1814.
Samuel m. Mehitabel, D. of Giles Leach 1806, and went to Merrimack.
Olive m. James Thompson 1798.
Naomi m. Josiah Orcutt 1806.
Polly m. Ara Battles.
Betsy m. Bazillai King 1812.
Olive 2nd. m. Reuben Drake 1819.
Ruth Cheesman m. Azor Howe 1791.
George Chipman m. Huldah D. of James Leach 1803, and had Ann Waterman 1804, Hazadiah Keith 1807, Charlotte Lazell 1810*, Isabella 1814. The mother d. 1835.
I. Jabez Churchill and his w. Alice, had Alice 1753, Rachel 1754, who m. Thaddeus Pratt 1777.
2. Ephraim and Jemima had Ephraim 1753, Hannah 1755, Dorcas 1759, Jemima 1761, James 1764, Sarah 1767, Susanna 1770.
Ephraim m. Silence, D. of Dependence French 1787.
Hannah m. Calvin Snow 1784.
Dorcas m. Eliab Snow 1787.
Jemima m. James Packard 1778.
James m. Mary D. of Zechariah Gurney 1794.
Susanna m. Elijah Drake 2nd. 1800.
3. Eleazar m. Lucy Otis of Scituate 1788, and lived in W. B. and had Sophia 1789; Charles 1791, Polly 1794, Rhoda, Harriet, Hannah Otis, and another. He d. suddenly in his chair 1818.
One D. m. a Nash.
One m. a Pennyman.
One m. an Erskin.
Rhoda m. Sam'l Keen Jr.
Harriet m. John Reid Jr. of Ab. 1819.
Hannah 0. m. a Douglas of N. Bedford.
4. Levi (from Plympton) m. Cynthia D. of Solomon Packard, and lives in E. B. and has Levi, Luther, Abisha, David, William, Cynthia, Azuba, Elizabeth*, Bethiah, and Lurania*. His w. d. 1832 ae. 53, and he m. again.
Cynthia m. Joshua Bennet.
Azuba m. Lewis Keith 1819.
Wid. Sarah, mother of Levi sen. d. 1834, ae. 78.
Levi Jr. m. Lucretia, D. of Charles Keen.
Luther m. Evelina, D. of Eli Blanchard.
Wid. Mercy of Plympton m. Joshua Fobes 1754.2
John m. Joanna D. of Moses Bisbee 1756.
Ruth m. Jonathan Whitman 1776.
Josiah m. Sarah Rogers 1781.
Priscilla m. Benjamin Sprague 1785.
David Jr. m. Molly Hearsey 1797.
Fidelia m. Wm. Hunt 1798.
Deborah, sister of Eleazar, m. Eleazar Alden 1794.
Ezra m. Bethiah Mehurin of Pem. 1799.
Silence m. Asa Randall 1821.
Ephraim Cleaveland m. Hannah Hayward 1747, and settled in W. B., and had Joseph 1749, Benjamin 1751, Elijah 1753, Lucy and Ebenezer 1755, Olive 1758, Persis 1760.
Nathaniel Cliff of Marshfield m. Deborah, D. of Anthony Winslow, and had Anthony Winslow, Nathaniel, and Deborah.
They both d., he a. 1762, and their father Winslow came to E. B. before 1770 and brought these 3 gr. ch. with him.
Deborah m. George Keith 1768.
Nath'l. d. 1773 ae. 22.
Anthony W. m. Bethiah, D. of the Hon. Hugh Orr 1777, and had Nathaniel, Margaret, Bethiah Orr, Lusanna Winslow, and Phidelma.
Margaret m. Dea. Sam'l Keen 1804.
Bethiah 0. m. Charles Mitchell 1813.
Lusanna W. m. Thomas Whitman 1818, and Joseph Chamberlin 1839.
Phidelma m. George Keith 1815.
Nathan. m. Nabby, D. of Josiah Byram 1799, and d. leaving 2 ss. Angier Byram*, and Belus, and 2 Ds. ; and his wid. m. Job Turner and is again a wid.
Ansel Cobb lived in W. B. m. Sarah D. of Ezra Hayward and had Hayward 1801, and Lucinda.---He d. and the s. and D. live in Mid'o.
Susanna Cobb m. John Sprague 1746.
Nath'l. Jr. of Plympton m. Penelope Standish 1763.
Penelope m. Ichabod Leach 1770.
Lydia m. Wm. Pettingill 1784.
Eleanor m. Obadiah Pettingill 1792.
1. Joseph Cole (from Plympton) and his w. Mary settled in N. B. and had Samuel, Ephraim, Joseph, Molly, Susanna, Catherine, Eliza, Eleazar 1747, Sarah 1749, Silence 1755*.
Molly m. Col. Frederick Pope 1758.
Susanna m. a Niles.
Catherine m. Daniel Littlefield 1762.
Eliza m. Solomon Smith of E. 1761.
Sarah m. a Withington.
Eleazar m. Lucy Shurtliff 1769, and went to Me.
2. Samuel (s. of Joseph 1.) m. Sarah D. of Seth Packard 1752, and had William 1753, Rebecca 1755*, Samuel 1761, and removed westward.
William m. Molly Lazell 1773.
Rebecca m. Amaziah Cole 1775.
3. Ephraim (s. of Joseph 1.) m. Hannah Randall and had Zilpha 1754, Ephraim 1756, Hannah 1759, Molly 1764, Rachel 1768.
Zilpha m. Edward Bartlett 1772.
Hannah m. Isaac Keith 1775, and afterwards Capt. Seth Keith.
Holly m. John Drake 1782.
Rachel m. Ichabod Packard 1786.
4. Joseph (s. of Joseph 1.) m. Betty D. of Constant Southworth 1757, and had Desire 1758, and went westward.
Desire m. Noah Pratt 1777, and went to Vermont.
5. Ephraim (s. of Ephraim 3.) m. Silence Webb 1777, and had Ephraim, Thomas, Zibion, Ornan, Alvan, and Hannah.
Ephraim m. Susanna D. of Adin Packard 1808, and had Susanna 1808.
Thomas m. Silence Thayer 1810.
Zibion m. Mary, D. of Barzillai Field 1819.
Ornan m. Lucy, D. of Perez Southworth.
Alvan M. Eliza, D. of David French 1823.
Hannah m . Silas Snow 1800.
John Cole of Plympton m. Patience Barber 1709.
Content of Pem. m. Wm. Whitman 1778.
Molly of Mid'o. m. Rufus Edson 1783.
Susanna of Mid'o. m. Alex. Ames 1789.
Polly m. Winslow Thomas 1780.
Caleb m. Lucy Hall 1792.
Joseph of Plymouth m. Sarah Atwood 1793.
Patty m. Stephen Snell 1796.
Edward m. Phebe Alden of Mid. 1797.
Sally of Scituate m. Edwin Howard 1803.
Phebe m. Samuel Snell 1814.
Ephraim of Plymouth m. Sarah D. of Francis Cook s. of Jacob.
Ebenezer Colwell m. Sarah D. of Benjamin Price 1769, and settled in W. B., and had Brett 1771, Keziah 1775, Ebenezer 1779, Sally 1781, Melvin 1786, John 1791.
The mother d.1816.
Hannah Colwell d. 1815.
Ebenezer m. Betsy Hayward 1804.
Sally m. Albertus Edson of Grafton, Vt. 1804.
Keziah m. Ebenezer Edson 1797.
John m. Hannah, D. of Silvanus Hayward 1813, and afterwards m. Tabitha another D. of Silvanus Hayward 1816.
1. Nathaniel Conant (from Beverly) with his w. Hannah settled in S. B. before 1690: he was a descendant of Roger Conant, who came to N. E. 1623, and lived at Plymouth, Nantasket, Cape Ann, and afterwards at Salem, where be built the first house, about 1626, and died at Beverly 1679 in his 89th year. Nathaniel's will 1712, proved I732.
He had Nathaniel, Josiah, Lot, William, Bethiah, Hannah, Martha, Lydia, Rebecca ; the births of Lot 1690, Lydia 1692, and Rebecca 1694, are on Bridgewater Records.
Bethiah married Nathaniel Allen 1696.
Hannah married Nathanial Hill 1710.
Lydia m. Andrew Lovell 1712.
Rebecca m. Shubael Ewers of Barnstable 1714.
Roger (the first born child in Salem), Exercise, Lot, John, and Joshua, were ss. of the pilgrim, Roger : Nathaniel was probably son of Lot.
2. Nathaniel (s. of Nathaniel 1.) his first w. Mary, no children probably ; 2d. w. Margaret, they had Thomas 1705, Bethiah 1709 ; 3d. w. Elizabeth Hains m. 1716, they had Jeremiah 1720, Margaret 1722, John 1725, Elizabeth 1727 ; his will 1743 ; he d. 1745 ; his last w. d.1757.
Bethiah m. Elkanah Rickard 1733.
Margaret m. Abel Edson a.1739.
Elizabeth m. .Dan'l Keith 1744.
3. Josiah (s. of Nathaniel 1.) m. Elizabeth D. of John Washburn, Jr. 1701. He d. a. 1721, and had Joseph, Josiah, Susanna, and Prudence.
4. Lot (s of Nathaniel 1.) m. Deborah Goodspeed of Sandwich, and had Hannah 1712, Gershom 1714, Lot 1718, Silvanus 1720, Phinehas 1727, Deborah 1728, Timothy 1732.
Deborah m. Isaac Washburn 1753.
Silvanus gra. H. U. 1740, and settled in the ministry at Middleborough, and d. of small pox 1777, Dec. 7, ae. 58, in the 33d. year of his ministry, but left no posterity.
Lot, the father, d. 1774 ae. 84.
Hannah m. Nathaniel Pratt 1745 probably.
5. William (s. of Nathaniel I.) m. Mary Trow of Beverly, and lived in E. B. They had Sarah 1708, Ruth 1711. He had other children :
one, Mary, m. Nicholas Whitman 1719.
One, William, died young.
Another, Elizabeth, m. Benjamin Hayward 1724.
Another, Hannah, d. 1773, and David.
Ruth d. 1780, ae. 69.
His will dated 1748, proved 1754.
6. Thomas (s. of Nathaniel 2.) m. Martha, D. of Wm. Ames, and had Nathan 1731, Sarah 1733, Martha 1735, Rebecca 1737, Mary 1710, Zilphah 1742, he m. Mary, D. of Elnathan Wood 1745, and had Abner 1746, Zenas 1748, Ezra 1750, Jedidah 1752, Abigail 1754*, Keturah 1756.
Sarah m. John Heiford of Mid'o. 1754.
Martha m. Seth Lathrop of E. 1755.
Rebecca m. Robert Randall of E. 1761.
Mary m. Zebulon Bryant 1767.
Zilphah m. Samuel Keith 1766.
Jedidah m. Roland Sears of Ashfield 1777.
Keturah m. Barnabas Washburn 1782.
Abner went to Hardwick and d. single.
Thomas the father d. 1787 ; Mary the mother d. 1802 ae. 82.
7. Jeremiah (s. of Nathaniel 2.) m. Martha, D. of Daniel Packard 1739, and had Azubah 1739, Nathaniel 1743, Daniel, Betty, who m. Noah Phinney 1769, Roger 1749, Lydia 1752, Martha 1753, Chloe 1755, who m. a Walker.
Azubah m. Jesse Dunbar 1762.
Dan'l m. Joanna, D. of Cornelius Washburn 1767, and went to Pelham.
Lydia m. Zephaniah Smith 1773.
Martha m. Josiah Mehurin 1779.
Martha, the mother, m. James Dunbar 1757.
8. John (s. of Nathaniel 2.) m. Abihail Pratt 1746, and had Abihail 1746, John 1749, Zenas 1751, Lucy 1753, Silvia 1755, Jeremiah 1758, Bethiah 1760, Thomas 1766.
Abihail m. John Willis 2d. 1774.
Lucy m. Ziba Hayward 1773.
Silvia m. Silvanus Conant 1773.
Jeremiah m. Mary, D. of Solomon Leonard 1782, and Chloe, D. of Dea. Seth Pratt 1793, and went to Pomfret Vt., and had John who m. Rebecca D. of Nath'l. Washburn and had a s. Chauncy and others probably.
Thomas m. Lydia D. of Calvin Edson 1789, and went to Oakham.
9. Gershom (s. of Lot. 4.) m. Anne, D. of Henry Kingman 1738, and d. 1792, ae.78 : she d. 1791, ae. 81. They had Anne 1740, Eunice 1743, Silvanus 1747.
Anne m. Joseph Muxam, 1764.
Eunice m. Barnabas Snell 1783.
Silvanus m. Silvia, D. of John Conant 1773, and went to Minot Me.
10. Lot. (s. of Lot 4.) m. Betty Holmes of Halifax 1743 ; she d. 1773. They had Sarah 1743*, Lydia .1746, Betty 1754, Benjamin 1756, and Rebecca.
Lydia m. Calvin Edson 1766.
Betty m. Zenas Conant 1774.
Benjamin m. Betty, D. of Hezekiah Hooper 1783, and had Temperance 1783, Marcus 1785, Winslow 1788, Benjamin 1790, Hooper 1793, and went to Me.
Rebecca m. Benjamin Snell 1782.
Lot Conant's wife d. 1778, and he m. wid. Rhoda Perry 1780 ; she d. 1790.
11. Phinehas (s. of Lot. 4.) m. Joanna, D. of David Pratt 1749. He d. 1798, ae 72 : she 1804 ae. 74. They had Sarah 1752, Peter 1753, Joanna 1755, Phinehas 1759, David 1762 Jacob 1768.
Peter was a Deacon and m. Jane D. of Jona. Conant 1777, and had
Peter, who m.. Lucy Brewster 1809.
Silvia who m. Joseph Hayward 2d. 1814.
Ruth who m. Daniel Keith 1800, and Libeus, who was a minister at Northfield N. H. whither the family removed.
Joanna m. Elias Conant 1774.
Phinehas m. Joanna, D. of Daniel Washburn 1785, and she d. 1829.
David m. Silvia D. of Samuel Whitman 1783, and had Martha 1785, Susanna 1787, and David 1790, and d. 1792, and she afterwards m. Azariah Hayward Jr. 1798.
12. Timothy (s. of Lot 4.) m. Hannah Blackman 1754, and had James 1755, Luther 1758, Susanna 1760, Lucy 1762, Deborah 1764, Timothy, Silvanus, Abigail, Sarah and Hannah*.
Deborah m. Nathan Lazell Esq. 1783.
Timothy m. Nancy, D. of Solomon Pratt 1788.
The Mother Hannah, m. Hezekiah Hooper for her 2d. husband.
Most of this family removed to Oakham and several of the children were born there.
13. David (s. of William 5.) m. Sarah, D. of Benjamin Hayward 1723. and had David 1726, Jonathan 1734, William 1742.
William gra. Yale College 1770, and settled in the ministry at Lyme N. H. He first m. a Cook, and afterwards wid. Patty Perkins, (Theodore's wid.) and D. of Nathan Conant.
14. Nathan(s. of Thomas 6. )m. Hannah, D. of Isaac Lazell 1753, and d. 1778, and had Hannah 1754, Lois 1756, Martha 1760, Caleb 1762, Rebecca 1764, and
Mary 1768, who m. Isaac Smith of Braintree 1785.
Lois m. Soloman Conant 1783.
Patty m. Theodore Perkins 1783, and afterwards Wm. Conant.
Hannah m. Jona. Washburn Jr. of M. 1778.
Caleb m. Olive Thrasher 1789, and moved to the westward.
15. Zenas (s. of Thomas 6.) m. Betty, D. of Lot Conant 1774, and had Betty, Oliver, Sarah, Olive.
Betty m. Levi Leach 1798.
Oliver m. Polly, D. of Calvin Washburn 1796.
Sarah m. Ephraim Leach 1805.
Olive m. Jacob Conant 1805, who went to Ohio, and had Charles 1807, Jane 1809, William 1812, born here.
16. Ezra (s. of Thomas 6.) m. Mary, D. of David Conant 1773 ; she .d. 1835 ; he had
Gaius, gra. B. U. 1800, who m. Cassandra, D. of Zechariah Whitman 1802, and afterwards Chloe wid. of Jonas Leonard, and D. of Jesse Alen, and settled in the ministry at Paxton.
and Thomas who is a Baptist preacher.
17. Nathaniel (s. of Jeremiah 7.) m.. Silence, D. of Ephraim Fobes 1772, and had Andrew 1774, Susanna 1777, Silence 1781.
Andrew m. Keziah, D. of Benjamin Washburn 1795; and had Jeremiah 1796, Olive 1801, Thomas Jefferson 1806, Andrew 1803.
Susanna Conant m. Wm. Durkey of Hampton, Conn 1812.
18. John (s. of John 8.) m. Deborah, D. of Nathan Perkins 1772, and had Marlborough, Martin, Seth, Lucy,
Deborah, who m. Ansel Leonard 1807.
Marlborough m. Polly Dunbar 1796 ; she d. 1796, ae. 21.
Lucy m. Jacob Pierce 1794, and afterwards Andrew Tucker.
Martin m. Olive, D. of Eben. Benson 1797.
Seth m. Hannah, D. of Nathaniel Pratt 1601.
Martin Jr. m. Lucy Mehurin 1806.
19. David (s. of David 13.) m. Rhoda, D. of Thomas Latham 1748, and had Elias 1749, Mary 1762, Solomon 1756, Rufus 1757, David 1759. David, the father, d. 1760..
Elias m. Joanna, D. of Phineas Conant 1774,and had 2 ch. d. 1778, and William and others.
Mary m. Ezra Conant 1773.
Solomon m. Lois, D. of Nathan Conant 1783.
Rufus m Thankful, D. of Nathan Leonard 1783.
David m. Lucy, D. of Nehemiah Bessee 1782.
The 3 last named sons went to Lyme N. H.
David has a son, John A. Conant now living in E. B.
William(s. of Elias) m. Martha Fobes 1803.
Rhoda, the mother, d. 1790 ae. 61: David d. 1792.
20. Jonathan (s. of David 13.) m. Jane, D. of Arthur Latham 1759, and had Jane 1760, Sally 1761, Josiah 1768, Lydia 1770, Alice 1775, and removed to Greenwich.
Jane m. Dea. Peter Conant 1777.
Sally m. Abisha Besse 1782.
Silvanus m. Mary Packard 1808.
Lucinda m. Seth Pratt 1816.
Ira Conant m. Lucy. Leonard 1818.
Ziba or Liba m. Deborah Leach 1820.
Polly m.Wm. Andrews 1818.
Patty Conant m. Ellis Holmes Jr. 1803.
Mehitabel or Hitty m. Cornelius Holmes Jr. 1806.
Thomas m. Anne Leonard 1812.
Francis Cook m. Sarah, D. of Ichabod,Bryant 1750, and had Ruth 1751, Rhoda 1753, Sarah 1755, Phebe 1757, Gamaliel 1759
Sarah m. John Lathrop 1780.
This man was a descendant without doubt from Francis Cook who arrived at Plymouth 1620 in the first ship, the May Flower.
John and his wife Silence, had John 1782, Kingman 1786.
John Cook m. Sally Lathrop 1790.
Kingman Cook m. Sarah Munro 1815, and had Tiley Shurtliff 1817.
Hannah Cook from the Cape m. Joseph Snell 1785.
Benjamin Cook of Br. (a soldier 1776) ee. 85, A. D. 1818.
Mr. Cook d. 1820 ae. 79.
COPELAND.—Lawrence Copeland of Braintree m. Lydia Townsend 1651, and had Thomas 1654, William 1656, John 1658, Ephraim 1665, and several Ds. He d. 1699 said to be 110 years old.
Wm. (s. of Lawrence) m. Mary, wid. of Christopher Webb Jr. and D. of John and Ruth Bass 1694, (Ruth was D. of the Hon. John Alden, the Pilgrim ;) and died at Braintree about 1716.—He had william 1695, Ephraim 1697, Ebenezer 1698, Jonathan 1701, David 1704, Joseph 1706, Benjamin 1708, Moses 1710, and Mary 1713. His son Joseph settled first in W. B. and afterwards in Scituate, and had a numerous family remarkable for their longevity.
1. Jonathan (s. of William, and grand. s. of Lawrence) m. Betty, D. of Thomas Snell Jr. 1723, and settled in W. B. and had Abigail 1724, Betty 1726*, Jonathan 1728, Mary 1731, Joseph 1734, Hannah 1737, Elijah 1739, Daniel 1741, Sarah 1745, Ebenezer 1746, Betty 1750. He d. 1790, w. 90.
Abigail m. George Howard 1745.
Mary m. Benjamin Gannett 1750.
Hannah m. Jonathan Kingman 1759.
Sarah m. David Keith of Easton 1769.
Betty m. Clifford Belcher of Sharon 1770.
2. Jonathan (s. of Jonathan 1.) m. Mehitabel, D. of Samuel Dunbar 1754, and had Jonathan 1755, Mehitabel, Sarah, Asa 1762, Caleb 1764, Ephraim 1767, Mary 1772, Martha 1774.
Mehitabel m. Maj. Daniel Hartwell 1779.
Sarah (or Sally, D. of Caleb 9.) m. Stephen Fuller of Attleborough 1810.
Ephraim m. Lucy, D. of Eleazar Keith 1791, and had Ephraim 1792, Lucy 1794, and one other, and removed to Leicester.
Mary m. John Burr 1792.
Jonathan the father d. 1820 ae. 92.
3. Dea. Joseph-(s. of Jona. 1.) m. Rebecca, D. of John Hooper 1760 and had Rebecca, 1762, Joseph 1764, Salmon 1766, Hannah 1768, Polly 1771, Sarah 1773, Winslow 1775, Huldah 1777, Hezekiah 1780, and Lucy 1784: he d. 1811 ae. 77 : she d. 1820.
Rebecca m. Eben'r. Dunbar 1785.
Joseph m. Sarah Swift Huxford of Chelsea 1808 and went to Me. and d. without issue.
Salmon m. Betty, D. of Nathan Snell 1799 and had Lyman 1800, Pardon 1803, Nathan 1805 : he then m. his brother Joseph's wid. 1814.
Hannah m. Galen Allen perhaps 1797.
Polly m. Joseph Hall 1812.
Winslow m. Hannah Slader of Acworth N. H. 1804.
Huldah m. Howland Holmes 1804.
Hezekiah and his w. Lucy had Rowland Flagg 1805, and Willard Moore 1817, and he and Winslow went to N. H.
Lucy m. Ellis Holmes of Halifax 1806.
4. Elijah (s. of Jona. 1.) m. Rhoda, D. of Josiah Snell, 1765, and went to E. and had Elijah 1766, Josiah 1768, Luther 1770, Rhoda, Abigail, Martin, Polly. He d. ae. 78.
Elijah went to Weston.
Josiah m. Susanna Howard, and had Horatio 1796 Susanna, Hiram.
Luther went to Vt.
Josiah m. Phebe, D. of Ephraim Burr, 2d w. perhaps.
5. Daniel (s. of Jona. 1.) m. Susanna, D. of Joseph Ames 1764, and had Azael 1764, Daniel 1766, Cyrus 1769, Susanna 1771, Martin 1774, Charlotte 1777, Matilda, Alfred, Betsy, Clara, Ralph.
Azael m. Desire Lucas of Mid'o. 1791.
Daniel m. Abigail Shaw 1791.
Cyrus m. Abigail, D. of Chistopher Dyer 1792, and had Cyrus 1793, Ward Cotton 1795, Christopher Dyer 1800, Jason 1803. Cyrus Jr. m. Phebe C. Alger 1816.
Martin m. Lucy Cowing 1802.
Charlotte m. Philip Bennet 1797.
Matilda m. Thomas Alden 1815.
Alfred m. a Williams.
Betsy m. Capt. Holmes Sprague 1808.
Ralph m. Anne Dunbar.
6. Ebenezar (s. of Jona. 1.) m. Abby Godfrey of Norton 1770, and had Ebenezer 1773, James 1775*, Betty, Lydia, Oakes 1793, Abby, Rachel*, Ruth*, Molly* ; he m. Bridget Wood of Norton 1801, a 2d. w.
Betty m. Calvin Williams 1799.
Lydia m. Nathan Howard 3d 1799.
Abby m. Elijah Snell Jr. 1796.
Ebenezer m. Mehitabel, D. of Dea. Elijah Snell 1798, and had Mehitabel 1799 ; he then m. a 2d. w., Hannah Godfrey of Norton, 1801, and had James 1802, Rachel 1803, Mary Hodges 1804, Abby Godfrey 1806, Ruth 1808, Lawrence 1815.
7. Jonathan Esq. (s. of Jona. 2.) m. Deborah D. of Stephen Otis of Scituate, and had Mehitabel 1785 Jonathan 1787, Charles 1790, George 1793, Deborah Otis 1795, William 1798, Stephen Otis 1804.
He d. 1838.
Mehitabel m. Austin Keith 1813.
Jonathan m. Hannah, D. of Dr. John Reed 1818.
Charles m. Mehitabel, D. of Oliver Howard 1816 and had Susan H. 1818, and Deborah Otis 1820, and d. 1821, and the wid. m. Earl Thayer.
George gra. B. U. 1815 and is an Attorney on the Cape.
Deborah O. m. Ephraim Wales of Braintree.
8. Asa (s. of Jona. 2.) m. Persia, D. of James Howard. 1792 and had Albert 1793, Azel Howard 1795, Asa 1799, Francis 1803.
Albert m. Anna H., D. of George Williams 1819.
9. Caleb (s. of Jona. 2.) m. Sally D. of Seth Byram 1787, and had Lurany 1788, Tempe 1790, Caleb 1792, Sally 1794, Vesta 1796, Seth, Elizabeth, Almira, Ephraim, and Mary.
Lurany m. Silvanus Keith 1820.
Tempe m. Barzillai Keith 1819.
Caleb m. Olive, D. of Maj. Cyrus Porter of St. 1821.
Sally (or Sarah, D. of Jona. 2.) m. Stephen Fuller of Attleborough MO.
Vesta m. Nahum Perkins 1820.
Daniel Corthrell and his wife Hannah had Daniel 1747, Elizabeth 1749, Abigail 1751, Phebe 1754.
Jabez Cowing m. Susanna, D. of John Bolton, 1741, and had Jabez 1742, Abisha 1744, Reuben 1749, Benjamin 1754. Sarah Cowing m. John Hooper 1746.
Israel Cowing of Scituate m. Rebecca, D. of James Wade, 1788.
2. Joseph Cowing or Cowen (s. of Israel of Scituate, a Scotch family) m. Jane, D. of Samuel Keith, 1744 : she d. 1794, ae. 65 : they had Joseph 1745, Hannah 1747. Ward 1755
Joseph m. Abigail, D. of Joshua Fobes 1772.
Hannah m. John Hooper 1777.
Lucy Cowing m. Martin Copeland 1802.
Betsy m. Silas Andrews 1803.
Dr. Thomas Staples Crafts, came from Newton; married a Park ; settled in N. B. 1756 : had Thomas, Samuel John, Moses, Edward, Zibeon, Patty and Polly.
Patty married Rev. Zechariah Howard 1785.
Polly m. Rev. Naphthali Shaw 1798.
The Doctor, with his 4 ss. Samuel, Moses, Edward and Zibeon, went to Maine.
2. Rev: Thomas (s .of the above) gra. H. U. 1783 ; m. Polly, D. of Rev. John Porter, 1786 ; settled at Princeton 1786, and left there 1791, and was installed at Mid'o.: had Thomas*, Frederick, Eliphalet Porter, Mary, Betsy and Sophia, and d. 1819, ae. 60.
Betsy m. Jesse Perkins 1815.
Sophia m. a Hartshorn.
Frederick gra. B. U. 1815.
Eliphalet P. gra. B. U. 1821, and settled in the ministry in E. B., and has been since installed at Sandwich, and m. Augusta Porter of Sterling.
3. John (s. of Thomas S. 1.) m. Olive, D. of Rev. John Porter, 1790, and had Jonathan Porter 1792, who gra. B. U. 1817, and d. 1822, ae. 30.
Samuel Crafts m. a Packard.
Moses m. Phebe, D. of Eleazar Snow 1799.
Zibeon m. Hannah Howard 1799.
Samuel Crane from Milton m. Sarah (wid. probably of Josiah) Washburn 1738, and had Samuel 1739, who d. a bachelor.
2. Dr. Jonathan Crane came from Berkley and settled in S. B., and m. Mary, D. of Col. Josiah Edson, 1770, and had Daniel 1771, (who gra. Brown U. 1796, and m. Anna Howard, D. of Jonathan, 1801, and left several children) Susanna 1776. Dr. Jolla. m. Lydia Adams of Kingston, 2d wife, 1783, and d. Dec. 31 , 1813, ae. 76. Susanna m Oliver Eaton 1798, and afterwards a Dillingham of Troy.
Benjamin Crane m. Eunice, D. of William Washburn, 1770.
Lydia Crane of Berkley m. Rodolphus Edson 1780.
John Crane m. Patience Pratt 1793.
Betsy Crane m. Lewis Packard 1808.
Spencer Crane of Canton m. Sally Pratt 1809.
Phebe Crane d. 1789.
Perez Crocker (s. of Heman of Carver) m. a Thompson and came to N. B. 1802, and had Daniel, Henry, Edward, Charles, Frederick, Louisa, and Jane.
Louisa m. Capt. Charles Gurney.
Jane m. Cyrus Hooper.
Zenas Crooker (s. of Jona. of Pem.) m. Content Stetson and settled in S. B., and had Zenas 1792, -Ursula Barker 1794, Lucy 1796, Eliza 1799, Ralph 1801, Naomi Stetson 1804, Benjamin 1807, Helen 1809.
Zenas m. Hannah Richardson of Danvers.
Lucy m. Zephaniah Shaw.
Naomi S. m. a Hicks.
Helen m. Samuel W. Bates.
Jonathan m. Sarah, D. of Ebenezer Allen.
John Crooker m. Polly, D. of Joseph Smith 1798.
James d. in E. B. ae. over 80.
Capt. Nathaniel Cross (from Exeter N. H.) m. Margaret Bird of Dorchester and settled in E. B. and had Nathaniel Henry 1803, Joseph Warren 1808, Thaddeus William 1810, Margaret Granger 1813, Sarah Ann 1816, George Gilman.
Nathaniel H. m. Lucy Vose of Boston and settled in N. B.
Joseph W. gra. H. U., m. a Hodges and afterwards Francis Vose of Boston and settled in the ministy at Boxborough.
Thaddeus W. m. a Brooks and settled in Quincy.
Margaret G. m. a Standart and is now a wid.
Sarah A. m. George Folsom.
Edward Curtis, m. Abigail, D. of Joseph Pratt, 1759, and had Hannah 1760, Mercy 1762, Abigail 1764, Lydia 1766, and removed to Hardwick.
2. Barnabas (s. of Ashly of St.) lived in N. B. ; m. Esther, D. of Pelatiah Phinney 1774, and had Olive 1776, Hannah 1780, Bela 1782, Isaac 1786, and Josiah Washburn 1794.
Hannah m. Alpheus Tribou 1804.
Bela m. Kezia, D. of Nehemiah Lincoln 1803 and had Josiah 1803 Mira 1805, Beza 1806, Thomas Madison 1808, Barnabas 1810, Alanson 1812, Esther 1813, Patty Perkins 1816.
Isaac m. Mehitable D. of John Wales 1806, and had John 1806, Francis 1808*, Henry 1810, Hannah 1812*.
3. Capt. Simeon (s. of Simeon of Hanover) m. Bathsheba Silvester, and lived in E. B. and d. 1837 ae. 80 : he had Bathsheba 1791, Silvester 1795, Simeon 1797, Robert 1799.
Bathsheba m. Capt. Isaac Keith 1815.
Silvester m. Heman Keith.
Robert m. Abby M., D. of Daniel Bryant and lives in Boston.
Abigail Curtis m. Josiah Washburn 1746.
Rebecca m.William Washburn 1738.
Experience m. Ezekiel Washburn 1749.
Patience m. Seth Brett 1744.
Eunice D. of Theophilus m. Edmund Soper 1756.
Benjamin of Plymp. m. Experience, D. of Elisha Hayward 1732.
Capt. Moses m. Hannah Belcher 1769, 2d. w.
wid. Curtis d. 1757.
Content d. 1763.
Aholibama m. Timothy Packard 1790.
Sally m. Nehemiah Howard 1791.
Samuel m. Sally Harris 1799.
Theresa (orThirza) m. Benjamin Munro of Hal. 1812.
Rebecca m. Enoch Thayer 1765.
Hannah m. John Battles.
Hannah m. Oliver Lathrop 1803.
Abigail m.. George Briggs 1809.
Charles Daniels m. Mehitabel Perkins 1814, and had Charles 1815, Elizabeth 1816, David 1820. William Daniels' child d. in E. B. 1770.
Richard Davenport (from Weymouth) settled in S. B. a. 1700 : was a Representative several years : had Richard, William, Abigail, Nathaniel, and Elizabeth : appears to have been at Shrewsbury 1731.
Abigail m. Zechariah Packard 1724.
Elizabeth m. Josiah Washburn 1723.
Nathaniel m. Lucy Wyman 1729.
2. Richard (s. of the above) m. Susanna D. of Amos Snell, and d. a. 1785 : had John, Elizabeth, Susanna, Eunice, and Abigail.
John m. Charity Pratt of Norton 1764.
Elizabeth m. Jacob Lazell of Mid'o.
Susanna m. Ichabod Orcutt Jr. 1757.
Eunice m. Wm. Lazell of Mid'o 1759.
Abigail m. Daniel Hayward and went to Greenwich.
3. William (s. of Richard 1.) m. Sarah Richards 1730, and had Abigail 1730, Anna 1732, Elizabeth 1735.
Eliphalet Davenport from Dorchester m. Jane Douglas, and lives in E.B.
1. Samuel Dawes m. Sarah Howland of Pembroke, where he lived and had Robert and Samuel ; he then removed to E. B. aid had Abigail 1729, Content 1733, Ann 1735, Mary 1738, Jonathan 1745. He d. a. 1755, and she m. Capt. Daniel Reed of Abington 1765.
Abigail m. Josiah Vining 1751.
Ann m. Daniel Reed.
Mary m. Nathaniel Prior.
Jonathan m. Lydia Snell 1772, and went into the revolutionary war and never returned.
2. Jonathan (brother of Samuel perhaps) and his wife Lois who joined the church 1741, had Margaret, Mary, Jabez.
Margaret m. Andrew Bearce of Halifax 1736.
Mary joined the church 1742.
3. Robert (s. of Samuel 1.) m. Lydia, D. of John Harden of Abington 1742, and had Robert 1747, Nathan 1751 ; the father d. 1755, and the wid. m. Isaac Tyrrell of Abington 1755; she d. in E. B. 1798, 76.
4. Samuel (s. of Samuel 1.) m. Abigail D. of Isaac Kingman 1755, and had Ebenezer 1755, Betty and Sarah 1758*, Samuel 1760, John 1763; Howland 1766, Daniel 1765, Abby 1770, Mitchell 1772.
Ebenezer gra. H. U. 1785, and settled in the ministry at Scituate 1787 ; he m. Elizabeth, D. of Col. John Bailey of Hanover, and had William 1790, Ebenezer 1791, and d. the same year ae. 36.
All the rest of the family removed to Cummington.
5. Capt. Robert (s. of Robert 3.) m. Lydia, D. of Isaac Tirrell of Abington, and had Susanna 1768, Lydia, and other Ds, and also 2 ss. Robert and Jonathan.—This family also removed to Cummington.
Jaines Shaw, Beriah Shaw, and Eliphalet Packard, all of Cuminington m. his Ds.
Maj. Robert and Jonathan have both been Representatives from that town.
Jonathan m. Huldah, D. of Capt. Edmund Lazell.
Sabina Dawes of St. m. Joseph Randall Jr. 1820.
6. Nathan (s: of Robert 3.) m. Abigail D. of Jacob White 1772, and had Nathan 1775, Jacob 1778, Mary 1781, Abigail 1791.
Nathan went to Maine.
Jacob m. Martha Hearsey 1800 and lives in Abington, and has a D.
Silvester Holmes born here.
Mary m. Samuel Bicknell 1800.
Abigail m. William Hearsey.
Wm. Dawes at Boston 1640 : made free 1646 : d. 1703, ae. 86. had Ambrose at Braintree 1642, William and Robert at Boston a. 1645 and 1646.
John and Susanna had Hannah 1659*
John and Mary had Samuel 1660, Elizabeth 1661.
Wm. and Susanna had Jonathan 1661.
James and Frances had James 1668.
Ambrose and Mary had Susanna 1663, William 1671, Susanna 1673, Joseph 1677, Thomas 1680 : his will 1705 mentions Ambrose, Thomas, Mary Webster, and Rebecca Moulton.
Jonathan and Hannah had Joanna 1687.
Thomas m. Mary Story 1702.
41 the above from Boston records.
Samuel of Weymouth d. "in his Majesty's service," and his wid. Experience m. Charles Clark before 1700.
Ambrose of Duxbury and his w. Mehitabel had Priscilla 1712, Ebenezer 1714, Gideon 1718.
Ebenezer m. Mary Chandler and had Ambrose 1740, Diana 1741, Gideon 1743.
1. Manasseh Dickerman (from Stoughton) m. a Randall and settled in N. B. and had Samuel, Benjamin, Daniel, Rebecca ; he then m. Thirza, D. of Job Bryant 1791, and had Oliver, Lyman, Manasseh, Ruth, Sally, Mary, Thirza, and Roana.
Daniel m. Ruth Tuel 1777.
Rebecca m. Lewis Daile 1801.
Daniel married Rebecca Smith 1804.
Benjamin married Zibia, D. of Cyrus Bryant 1817.
Ebenezer Jr. m. Mercy Stone 1768.
Abigail m. Hezekiah Mehurin 1760.
John of Roxbury m. Lydia Leach 1770.
John m. Keziah Alger 1786.
Nehemiah m. Ruth Clark 1800.
Joanna m. Wendell Sever 1813.
Ruth m. John Guinett 1814.
Polly m. Wm. Badger 1786.
Mary m. Eben. Shaw of Mid'o 1816.
Sally m. Nath'l Shepardson 1817.
Chloe m. Jona. Lathrop 1765.
Wm. Keith m. a Dickerman.
2.. Samuel (s. of Manasseh 1. probably) m. Olive, D. of Nathan Packard 1799 and had Vesta 1800, Oliver 1802, Abigail 1805, Samuel 1809, Julia Adeline 1814.
Samuel Dickerman m. Clara A. Packard 1822.
1. Samuel Dike (from Ipswich, now Hamilton, a. 1773) settled in N. B. : his w. was a Perkins : he had Samuel, Anthony, John, Nathaniel*, Veren, Mary, Sarah,. Anna, and Abigail ; he d.1804 ae. 79.
Capt. Anthony m. a Pool and went to Plymouth.
John went to Beverly.
Veren went to Southbury, Conn.
Mary m. Job Ames 1782.
Sarah m. Ephraim Noyes 1779.
Anna m. James Loud.
2. Samuel (s. of Samuel 1.) m. Lois, D. of Isaac Fuller 1772, and had Lucinda 1773, Salmon 1775, Fuller 1778, Olive 1784, Rebecca. 1782, Oliver 1785, Nathaniel 1787, Samuel 1790, ; he m. a 2d. w. Mehitabel, wid. of Bela Howard and D. of Col. Simeon Cary 1793, and had Bela Cary 1795.
Fuller and Nath'l went to Me.
Olive m. Joseph Shaw 1805.
Rebecca m. a Bisbee.
Oliver m. Sibil, D. of Bela Howard 1810 and had Lois Fuller 1812.
Samuel m. Betsy Burrill 1812, and had a s. Samuel, who gra. at B. U. 1838.
Walter Downie came from Scotland with his two children, William, and Isabel, about 1735, and settled in N. B. where Howard Cary Esq. lately lived.
William d. 1747 ae. 23,
and Isabel m. Barnabas Pratt 1750.
He was so afflicted with the death of his son that he went back to Scotland.
His D. Pratt went to Me. and lived to be 102 years old or more.
I. Richard Drake and his w. Mary had Rhoda 1770, Parnel 1773, and Mary 1776.
2. Robert Drake and his w. Rebecca had Bethuel 1776.
3. Ebenezer Drake had a son Isaac. These 3 families appear by the records to have lived in Bridgewater.
Sarah Drake m. John Gary 1734.
Francis m. Sarah Hayden 1775.
Ebenezer m. Martha, D. of Zachariah Gurney 1781.
Hannah m. Caleb Dunbar 1782.
John m. Molly, D. of Ephraim Cole 1782.
Rhoda m. Abiel Alger 1789.
Timothy m. Polly Dunbar 1789.
Polly of E. m. Asaph Hayward 1791.
Elijah 2d. m. Susanna Churchill 1800.
Polly m. Jacob Hearsey 1812.
Lydia m. John Packard 1817.
Reuben m. Olive Cheesman 1819.
Ira m. wid. Mary Pratt 1821.
Elisha Dumphey and his w. Mary had Nathan 1782, Elijah 1785, Azel 1788, Jotham 1790, Elvin 1792.
Jotham m. a D. of John Harden.
1. James Dunbar (from Hingham) settled early in W. B., m. Jane, D. of Isaac Harris, and had Robert 1689, who d. 1706, and was called "the only surviving son of James Dunbar, who came from Hingham ;" the father d. 1690 ; and Jane, the wid. m. Pelatiah Smith..
Robert (of Hingham) his will 1693 : his w. Rose : had John, Joseph, Joshua, Peter, James, (above deceased) Mary, Sarah, and Hannah:
Mary m. Isaac Harris.
2. Peter (s. of Robert above perhaps) came from Hingham a. 1706 and settled in B. : his wife Sarah ; had Josiah 1706, John 1709, David 1711 ; bought a place of Jacob Leonard 1706 ; had other children before he came here, viz : Peter, Sarah, Abigail, and perhaps others.
Peter was guardian to John and David, who were called his brothers 1725.
Sarah m. Thomas Alger 1724.
Abigail m. Joshua Fobes 1711, she might have been sister to Peter, and not his D.
3. James (s. of James of Hingham perhaps) m. Experience, D. of Samuel Hayward 1721,. and had James 1721, Betty 1722, Josiah 1725, Jerusha 1727, Mary 1730, and Jesse 1742.
Betty m. Nathan Kingsley of Easton 1744.
Jerusha m. Nath'l Rickard 1751.
Mary m. Dan Leonard 1750.
4. Elisha (s. of James of Hingham) settled in N. B. ; m. Mercy, D. of Nathaniel Hayward 1727, and had Abigail 1728, Jacob 1730, Lemuel 1731, Elisha 1735, Seth 1737, Nathaniel 1739, Peter 1741, and Silas 1743.
Elisha, the father, d. 1773, ae. 74.
Lemuel was a captain in the French war, and d. 1762, ae. 31.
Abigail m. Andrew Gilmore 1752.
Elisha in Rebecca Wade 1757, D. of Thomas Wade, and had Keziah 1762, Rebecca 1764, and went to Stoughton.
Seth m. Deborah Belcher 1761, and had Deborah 1766, Rebeckah 1768, Bethiah 1770, Joanna 1772, Seth 1775.
Nathaniel went into the war with his brother Lemuel, was taken prisoner and died.
Peter m. Relief, D.. of Capt Theophilus Curtis 1764, settled in Easton, and had Simeon who m. a Bird and lives in N. B.
Bethiah m. Apollos Randall 1776.
5. Samuel (s. of James of Hingham) m. Melatiah, D. of Joseph Hayward, and had Sarah 1733,. Mehitabel 1735, Samuel 1737, Melatiah 1741, and Hannah 1743 ; he then married Mary, D. of Dea. Thomas Hayward 1745, and had Asa 1745, Robert 1746, Daniel 1748, Peter 1750, Simeon 1752, Barnabas 1756, Thaxter 1758, and Caleb 1760
Sarah m. Elijah Snow 1767.
Mehitabel m. Jonathan Copeland 1754.
Melatiah m. Capt. Jesse Howard 1761.
Hannah m. Daniel Snow Esq. 1764.
Asa gra. H. U. 1767, and settled in the ministry at Salem 1772, and afterwards as a lawyer at Keene N. H. and d. 1788.
Robert m. Betty, D. of Jonas Kingman 1770, and had Azel 1774, Oliver 1776, and removed to Belchertown.
Daniel m. Abigail, D. of Henry Kingman 1771, and had Asa 1771, and went to George's River, Me.
Thaxter m. Phebe, D. of James Alger 1779, and d. young leaving a D. Phebe, who m. David Harvey.
Caleb m. Hannah Drake 1782, and settled in Easton.
6. David (s. of Peter 2.) m. Susanna, D. of Thomas Hayward 1738, and d. 1788,and had Susanna 1739, John 1742, David 1746, and Jemima 1747 ; his w, died 1749 ; he then m. Sarah Blake 1749 she d. and he then m. Mercy Soul 1763, and had Rhoda 1763, Abel 1767, Mercy 1769, Silvester 1772, and Walter 1775.
Susanna m. .Samuel Bartlett 1757.
John m. Mary Keith of Easton 1768.
Abel m. Sarah Howard 1784.
The wid. Mercy m. John Fann 1781.
Abel m. Phebe Brett 1805
Walter m. Lydia Rider of Mid'o 1796, and had Elizabeth 1796.
7. James (s. of James 3.) m. Hannah, D. of John Benson 1746, and had Seth 1748, Benjamin 1749, Elizabeth 1752, Mary 1754, Benson 1757 ; she d. 1757, and he m. Martha wid. of Jeremiah Conant and D. of Daniel Packard 1757, and had Hannah 1760.
Seth (called Seth Jr.) m. Lois Boyden of Walpole 1767.
Elizabeth m. Seth Washburn of Mid'o 1776.
Benjamin m. Wealthy Washburn of Mid'o 1773.
James the father d. 1778.
8. Capt. Josiah (s. of James 8.) ,and his w. Mary had Hannah 1755, Mary 1757 ; his w. d. 1757, and he m. Silence wid. of Nehemiah Packard and D. of Samuel Edson 1758, and had Josiah 1760 : his w. d., and he m, wid. Abigail Shurtliff 1798, and d. 1800 ae. 75.
Josiah m. Abia Goodspeed 1782.
Mary m. Oliver Packard 1785.
9. Jesse (s. of James 3.) m. Azubah, D. of Jeremiah Conant 1762, and had Susanna 1763, Jeremiah 1764, Martha 1768, Elias 1772, Lydia 1777, Dinah 1780, and Keziah 1782.
Susanna Dunbar m. Caleb Alden of Mid'o 1787.
Elias m. Roxilinia Leach 1799.
Keziah m. Simeon Wood of Boston 1809.
10. Jacob (s. of Elisha 4.) m. Hannah Randall 1756, and had Ebenezer 1757, Hannah 1758, Anna 1760, Mercy 1763, Jacob 1768, Lemuel 1771, and Thomas 1773.
The mother d. 1775.
Lemuel m. Polly Morey 1795 and went to Maine.
Thomas went to New York.
Jacob the father m. Thankful Thayer 1776.
Hannah m: Eleazar Snow 1780.
11. Silas (s. of Elisha 4.) m. Amy, D. of Thomas Reynolds 1772, and had Patty 1773, Pamela 1775, Elisha 1777, Amy 1779, Silas 1780, Reuel 1783, Josiah 1785, Oliver 1788, Thomas 1790, Joseph 1792, and Perez I794.
Capt. Silas m. Susanna, D. of Joseph Reynolds 1806, and went to Me.
Reuel m. Nancy D. of John Willis 1505.
Josiah m. Sibil, D. of Mark Perkins 1807, and had Josiah, Lemuel, Mark, Francis and Daniel.
Thomas m. Hannah, D. of Seth Thayer 1810.
Joseph m. Sophronia, D. of Isaac Allen 1812, and had Sophronia Allen 1812, Matilda Allen 1814, Isaac Allen 1816, Franklin Dunbar 1830, Sibil Perkins 1833.
Perez m. his brother Reuel's wid. 1821.
Patty m. Joseph Reynolds 1798.
Pamela m. Thatcher Ewell 1800.
Amy m. Levi Ramsdell 1801.
Oliver m. Sally D. of John Willis 1807.
12. Samuel (s. of Samuel 5.) m. Mary, D. of William Snow 1758, and had Elijah 1759, Oliver 1761, Lemuel 1763, Samuel 1765, and Alpheus 1769. He removed to Mid'o.
Elijah settled in Keene N. H. as a lawyer.
Samuel went to T. and m. an Ingell.
13. Peter (s. of Samuel 5.) m. Alice, D. of James Alger 1773, and settled in S. B., and had Polly 1775, Patty 1777, Shepard 1779. Lemuel 1781, Bethiah 1783, Peter 1785, Silas 1788, Martin 1791, Phebe 1794, William 1796.
Polly m. Marlboro' Conant 1796.
Lemuel m. Cordana, D. of Ezra Fobes 1806.
Phebe m. Shepard Fobes 1814.
Shepard m. Abigail Bassett 1806.
Patty m. Calvin Edson 1797.
William m. Eunice Mitchell.
Bethiah m. Levi H. Perkins 1804.
Martin m. Sally Alger 1812.
14. Doct. Simeon (s. of Samuel 5.) m. Abigail, D. of Rev. Elijah Packard 1781, and had Sophia 1781, George 1783 went away, William 1785, Asa 1787, Charles Frederick 1795 ; 2d. w. Mary, D. of Dr. Richard Perkins, m. 1804, no children. He d. 181O.
William m. Sarah, D. of John Snow 1807, and had Simeon 1808, William 1809, Mary 1811, Abigail 1813, John 1815, Sarah Ann 1817.
Charles m. Susanna Willis, D. Of Zebulun 1817 and had Irene Willis 1820.
15. Barnabas (s. of Samuel 5.) m. Silence, D. of Joseph Alger 1780 ; she d., and he m. Molly wid. of Daniel Howard and D. of Edmund Hayward 1784 and had Daniel 1785, Samuel 1786, Tiley (or Silence) 1788, Lavina 1790, Anna 1792, Dulcinia 1794.
Daniel m. Nicholas Wilbur 1809, and had Louisa 1809.
Charles Howard 1811 Barnabas 1813, Catherine 1815, George 1816.
Samuel m. Betsy, D. of Mark Lathrop 1811.
Tiley m. John Capen 1807.
Lavina m. Elijah Lathrop 1818.
Dulcinia m. Capt. Parley Keith 1821.
16. Ebenezer (s. of Jacob 10.) m. Rebecca, D. of Dea. Joseph Copeland 1785, and had Martin 1787, Ebenezer 1788, Salmon 1791, Anna 1794, Charles Emanuel 1797, Vesta 1802, Nahum 1806.
Martin m. an Alger.
17. Jacob (s. of Jacob 10.) m. Hannah, D. of Joseph Hayward 1794, and had Susanna 1795, Avice 1797, Hannah 1797, Olive 1801 ; he then m. Polly, D. of Ephraim Willis 1803, and had Stillman 1805, Jason 1809, Susanna or Sukey, 1803, Samantha 1807, and Polly 1812
Hannah.m. Avery Lathrop 1819.
18. Jesse and his w. Mary had Polly 1766, Molly 1769, Rachel and Sarah 1771, Persis 1773, Lydia 1775*, Lydia 1776, Mehitabel 1778, Cate 1780, Jesse 1782, and Olive 1785.
Rachel m. David Allen,
and Molly m. William Bonny, both at the same time 1796.
Mehitabel m. Calvin Dunbar.
Olive m. David Harvey Jr. 1803.
19. Hosea Dubar of Halifax m. Jennet Henry (or Hendrey) 1767 ; and one of his Ds.,
Betty, m. William Mitchell 1793 ;
and another, Jennet, m. Allen Latham 1796 and afterwards Zephaniah Howard 1800.
Nanny Dunbar of H. m. Ebenezer Hall 1816.
Annie Dunbar m. Elias Sewall 1776.
Simeon Dunbar 2d. of H. m. Azubah, D. of Thomas Pratt 1813.
Polly Dunbar m. Timothy Drake 1789.
Bethia Dunbar m. Apollos Randall 1796.
Sibil m. Elijah Pratt 1798.
Lese m. Benjamin Ager 1801.
David Dunbar Jr. of Easton m. Harriet Bryant 1801.
Samuel 3d. m. Betsy Lathrop 1811.
Thomas Dunbar m. Hannan Thayer 1810.
Eliab Dunbar m. Lavina Hayford of M., 1793 and had Chloe. 1794, Seth 1796, Cyrus 1798, Betsy 1800, Eliab 1802.
Sullivan Dunbar of Ab. m. Lydia Harden 1817.
Chloe m. Nabum Bremen 1819.
1. William Dyer was in Bridgewater 1699, a Surveyor, Juror, and Constable 1708.
2. Christopher m. Sarah, D. of Joseph Bassett 1757 and settled in S. B. and had Betty 1759, Sarah 1761, Ruth 1763, Dorothy 1765, Jason 1768, Abigail 1771, Chloe, and Polly ; he d. 1800 ae. 70, she 1805 ae. 71.
Dorothy m. Samuel Battles 1786.
Abigail m. Cyrus Copeland 1692.
Chloe m. Apollos Leach 1796.
3. John (brother of Chistopher) m. Bathsheba Monk 1768 ; she d. 1777 ; he m. Susanna wid. of John Smith 1778 ; and had John, Daniel, Celia, Ezekiel.
Ezekiel. m. Clarissa, D. of Joseph Leach, 1811.
4. Abijah (brother of the above perhaps) m. Rhoda Bolton 1764, and had Martha 1764, Amassa 1767, Abijah 1769, Rhoda 1771, and Olive 1774.
The family went to R. I.
5. John (of E. B.) m. Susanna, D. of Jeremiah Thayer 1783, and had Cynthia 1784, Tabitha 1786, and went to Leeds Me.
Cynthia m. Benjamin Millett.
Ann Dyer m. Ebenezer Pratt 1717.
Roland Packard m. a Dyer.
Freelove m. Abraham Packard 1774.
Wid. Mary of Plymouth m. Nathaniel Brett 1774.
Bela of A. m. Lydia Cushina White 1813.