Middlesex County - Lost Souls & Brick Walls
Information on the following individuals from Middlesex County is being sought by their descendants. If you can help, please email the person posting the query
Get more help by subscribing to the CTMIDDLE mailing list at RootsWeb.
Don't forget to check out the archives while you're there.
[Use your [BACK] button to return to this site]
- STRONG, Eliza - Trying to find an Eliza STRONG who MAY have been the dtr. of Wm Augustus STRONG and Abigail CAMP. Her parents both died in 1814 and according to a message on your website Abigail had an infant at her feet when buried. Hopefully, not Eliza. She would have been 3-4 when they died and maybe the reason we can't find anything on her is that she was taken in by relatives etc. She married Richard VANDERHOOF of Coldwater, MI in 1830 and if it is the same Eliza died 3/16/1846. Contact Susan Conde at SusConde@aol.com [posted 21 Aug 2002]
- BAXTER, Nellie Marie, wife of Winfield Elliot CONE [?(7), Erastus S.(6), John(5), Samuel(4) Caleb Jr. (3), Caleb(2), Daniel(1) CONE of Middlesex Co., CT]. Nellie was from Kokomo, IN, and her mother's maiden name was BROWN. Contact Laura at email@example.com [posted 07 Feb 2001]
- BROOKS, Lucy M., b. 27 Jun 1818, Deep River, Middlesex Co., CT [town clerk has no record of birth]; m. William HARRIS [marriage record needed]. Lucy d. 24 Aug 1900 in Shelton, Fairfield Co., CT; father James BROOKS [ref. 1900 CT census, Sheldon]. William HARRIS was b. 09 Jul 1818 in CT, d. 22 Sep 1904 in CT [ref: 1900 CT Census, Sheldon, death certificate]. One daughter, Lucy HARRIS, b. 1831 [?] in CT, m. Mr. KENNEY. New information: I now know that:
1. Lucy M. BROOKS first m. ? WILLIAMSON; she is found on the 1880 Huntington (Fairfield co.) CT census under the WILLIAMSON name with no husband listed, and living with her divorced dau. Emma (WILLIAMSON) KENNEY and granddau. Lucy C. (Coralin) KENNEY.
2. Lucy's marriage to William HARRIS did not occur until 1872 - second husband.
3. Her dau Emma WILLIAMSON KENNEY was b. 1847 in NY.
Contact Nina Santoro at firstname.lastname@example.org [posted 09 Oct 2001]
- CARROLL, Michael C. of Middletown, Middlesex Co., CT, m. Mary MULRONEY of Middletown, Oct 1850. Witnesses: John POWERS & Ellen PHELAN. Would like to find Michael & Mary's parents. They came from Ireland between 1846 & 1848. There seems to be a whole group of CARROLLs from Middletown that went to California. Contact Jackie Carroll Ozment at email@example.com [posted 08 Feb 2001]
- CLARK - Mary ___, wife of Ebenezer CLARK. Her maiden name might be Clark or Sutcliffe. I have she was born March 15, 1782 (prob. Haddam) and died March 22, 1858 (not in Middletown, possibly Haddam?) Death info. came from bible records from State Library. More details including childrens' data Contact Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CRANNEY, Patrick & Mary, of Middletown, Middlesex Co., CT, from the 1850s until their deaths. Emigrated from Ireland [ref. immigration records], children: Anne & John. Contact Terry at TBPB@aol.com [posted 07 Feb 2001]
- HUBBARD, Edwin, b. 6 Dec 1805, supposedly in Middletown. Contact Edna McPhail at email@example.com [posted 07 Feb 2001]
- KELLY, Matilda of Haddam or East Haddam, 1810-1879. Matilda had siblings Walter & Esther. The family was in Ohio when she married Samuel G. PELTON in 1826. Looking for parents and any other information. Contact Susan K. Spies at firstname.lastname@example.org [posted 07 Feb 2001]
- MAYNARD, Lyman Phelps (Captain) b 9/18/1820 in Middletown d. 4/8/1902. His father is Joseph W. Maynard, b abt 1788 in Lyme CT, d 8/14/1872 in Greenport NY. He was married toTemperance VAIL, b abt 1792/1793 in Orient NY. Contact Bob Maynard at Bobhmaynard@aol.com Details [Posted 10 Mar 2001]
- O'DONNELL, Samuel Edward, photo taken by Hennigar of Middletown, Middlesex Co., CT. Details [posted 07 Feb 2001]
- RANDALL, James, is reported to have been born in Chatham in 1778 and died in Ohio in 1848 while Janna Pemberton was born in Preston in 1780 and died in Ohio in 1852. James was a blacksmith in Lebanon soon after his marriage to Joanna in Middlesex County in 1803 and the children are reported to have been born in Colchester, Bozrah and Lebanon, but no record of their births has been found. James' father is reported to have been a John Randall and his wife was Catherine, but this has been a dead end. Contact Bill Randall at email@example.com [posted 11 Feb 2001]
- READ or REED, John C. of Durham, Middlesex Co., CT. Looking for information on who he was, who he married and his children: John, William, Martin, Salmon, Eunice, Samuel, Amanda and Lucinda. Contact Carol Hubbell Boggs at HubbellGen@aol.com Lots more details [posted 07 Feb 2001]
- ROBINS or ROBBINS, Charles of Chester, Middlesex Co., CT. May have emigrated from Paisley, Scotland in 1869; m. Mary H. WEBB, widow of William A. SPENCER; children: John Bell ROBBINS, b. 1872; Louis ROBIN, b. 1876. John & Louis both ended up in Hartford, CT; John later moved to Long Island. Contact GFCflorida@aol.com [posted 07 Feb 2001]
- SMITH, Timothy, b. abt 1758. Enlisted in East Haddam in 1777 and served until the end of 1783. He then went to Vermont and married Lydia OWEN there. Looking for parents. Contact Marilyn Bobseine at firstname.lastname@example.org
- STRONG, William Augustus, b. 1783 in Durham, Middlesex Co.,, CT. He m. Abigail CRANE, dau. of John CRANE & Abigail CAMP of Durham. Removed to Atwater, OH, in 1806; served in the War of 1812, d. at Black Rock, NY, in 1814. Need parents. Contact Ralph Strong at email@example.com - More details [posted 07 Feb 2001]
- TAYLOR, David, b. abt 1807, Connecticut; m. M. Jane BARNABY in Chatham, Middlesex Co., CT, in 1839. Son John b. abt. 1847. John died in 1884 and his death certificate lists parents David & Jane TAYLOR of Portland, CT. One census lists him as David Jr. Need parents for both David TAYLOR & Jane BARNABY as well as any other children. Contact Dot at Bolil16@aol.com [posted 07 Feb 2001]
- WARNER, Joseph D., b. East Haddam [?], m. Sarah E. PADDOCK, b. abot 1813; removed to NY about 1832; removed to IL about 1843. Looking for his parents and ancestors. Contact Carol at CartFane@aol.com [posted 3 Mar 2001]
- WEBB, Rachel, Durham, m. Samuel ROBERTS, 22 Mar 1716/17. Contact Pat Olson at PParsnips@aol.com. Details [posted 10 Feb 2001]
- WHITE, Sarah, m. Freeman GROSS, Jr. Looking for marriage record, probably between 1750 - 1756 and birth record for daughter Susannah, Feb 19, 1757. Contact Linda Hagedorn at firstname.lastname@example.org More details [Posted 5 Nov 2002]
- SHERMAN, Benjamin b:6 Sept 1787 (in Norwich [?] per Death Cert) d:21 May 1853 - E. Hampton, CT; m: Anna JOHNSON - b:1790; d:17 Oct 1868 in Chatham, CT (Note - Benjamin and Anna are buried in Lakeview Cemetery, East Hampton, CT)
SHERMAN, Abiel Johnson (Benjamin-1) b:22 Aug 1818, E. Hampton, CT - d:14 Dec 1895 - Haddam, CT; m: Martha Ann HURLBURT - b:8 Feb 1819 in Wethersield, CT, d: 29 Dec 1889 in Haddam, CT. (Note - Abiel, Martha, Charles & Charlena are buried in New Haddam Cemetery)
SHERMAN, Edith Gertrude, (Abiel Johnson - 2, Benjamin - 1) b:28 Nov 1859, Haddam, CT - d:25 Apr 1899 in Moodus; m: George Henry BIXBY - m:5 April 1882
Contact Jim Wilson at email@example.com
- CROFOOT, Russell D., b. 15 Sep 1815, near Middletown, CT. The family remained in Middlesex Co., until abt. 1821 and then moved to Turin, Lewis Co., NY. Looking for the names of his parents. Contact Pat Stephenson at firstname.lastname@example.org [posted 5 Oct 2002]
Contact Dianne Thomas, email@example.com
- CURTIS(S), Nancy, born 1813 Hartford, CT. Married at Berlin, CT, Aug 4, 1833 by Rev. Royal ROBBINS to Leonard SMITH of Wayne Co., NY. She death certificate states her father was James CURTIS, not sure if that is correct or not. They removed to Ontario Co., NY, about 1839. Seeking parents and sibling information.
- SMITH, Leonard, born 1811, in CT per various census record, but from Wayne Co., NY per Barbour's marriage collection. He married in Berlin, CT, on Aug 4, 1833, by Rev. Royal ROBBINS to Nancy CURTIS(S). They lived in CT until 1839, when they removed to Ontario Co., NY. Seeking parents and sibling information.
- CLARK, Hiram, son of Jabez Clark, son of Jabez Clark. Jabez, Sr., per the Middlesex County History, is a descendant of "William Clark of Haddam" (I'm assuming same as the one who died 22 July 1681 in the Descendant Reports). I need help connecting Jabez, Sr. to William. Contact Brent Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- MACDONALD, John Thomas, Jr. Not from Middlesex County, but Eric Macdonald firstname.lastname@example.org would appreciate anyone who can help with his Great-great grandparents, John Thomas MACDONALD, Jr. & Alice B. (BICKNELL) MACDONALD.
- John Thomas Macdonald Jr
- Married Alice Bicknell 15 apr 1891 Waldo county Maine: Source: this web site
- Is a John Junior: this web sight
- Father John Thomas Macdonald: reference of him being John Junior
- Born March 15 1857 : Union membership book in the United Brotherhood of Carpenters
- Born in Wisconsin [Maryland] as noted : 1920 federal census
- Father born in Canada ref English : 1920 federal census
- Mother (unknown name) born in Maryland : 1920 federal census
- Sister named Ella : My fathers memory
- Lived in or around Chatham Mass Nov 1917 : Union membership book in the United Brotherhood of Carpenters
- Lived in Belfast Maine : 1910 federal census
- Lived again in Belfast Maine : 1920 federal census