Vital Records Of Medfield, Massachusetts,
To The Year 1850
Published By The New England Historic Genealogical Society,
At The Charge Of The Eddy Town Record Fund.
Boston, Mass., 1903
[Transcribed by Dave Swerdfeger]
THE TOWN OF MEDFIELD, Norfolk County (formerly in Suffolk County, until 1793), was established May 22, 1650, from a part of Dedham.
May 28, 1659, land was granted to Medfield.
October 24, 1713, a part of Medfield was established as Medway.
POPULATION BY CENSUS:
1. WHEN places other than Medfield and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy.
2. In all records the original spelling is followed.
3. The various spellings of a name should be examined, as items about the same family or individual might be found under different spellings
4. Marriages and intentions of marriages are printed under the names of both parties, but the full information concerning each party is given only in the entry under his or her name. When both the marriage and intention of marriage are recorded, only the marriage record is printed.
5. Additional information which does not appear in the original text of an item, i.e., any explanation, query, inference, or difference shown in other entries of the record, is bracketed. Parentheses are used only when they occur in the original text, or to separate clauses found there, such as the birth place of parents, in late marriage records.
6. The double date is used in the months from January to March inclusive, prior to 1752, only when it so appears in an entry, or when it is obvious from the position of the entry in the records.