Vital Records Of Lynnfield Massachusetts
To The End Of The Year 1849
Published By The Essex Institute, Salem, Mass. 1907
[Transcribed by Dave Swerdfeger]
The following records of births, marriages and deaths include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; and in the cemetery inscriptions. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerks' record has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to indicate the maiden name of a wife.
When places other than Lynnfield and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. In all records the original spelling of names is followed, and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same family may be found under different spellings.
This town, originally a part of Lynn and known as "Lynn End," was established as a district July 3, 1782, and incorporated as a town Feb. 28, 1814. The boundary line between Lynnfield and North Reading was established, and a part of each town annexed to the other town, May 27, 1857.
The population of Lynnfield at different periods was as follows: