Vital Records Of Carlisle Massachusetts
To The End Of The Year 1849
[Transcribed by Dave Swerdfeger]
The following records of births, marriages and deaths include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in private records found in family Bibles, etc. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerk's record has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to indicate the maiden name of a married woman.
When places other than Carlisle and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. In all records the original spelling of names is followed, and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as about the same family may be found tinder different spellings.
On April 19, 1754, the original, or first, District of Carlisle was established from a part of Concord, and Oct. 6, 1756, the District was annexed to Concord.
The second District of Carlisle was formed from parts of Acton, Billerica, Chelmsford and Concord and incorporated April 28, 1780.
Sept. 12, 1780, part of the District of Carlisle annexed to Concord.
March 1, 1783, part of the District of Carlisle annexed to Chelmsford.
Feb. 18, 1805, the District of Carlisle made Town of Carlisle.
The population of Carlisle at different periods was as follows: