A Division of Land at Pataconk by
The Proprietors, Saybrook, New London Co., CT
[Transcribed by Janece Streig]
Saybrook Land Records
Book 6 Page 163
Then we began in the West Tier next to Haddam line and all the Lotts in this tier excepting the two lotts that lye North of Shipman's lott and South of a highway are 160 rods long and front East on the highway and on the West side of the Swamp and rear upon a piece of Common land-
1. And the First lott that we laid out in the tier was the 10th in number according to the lott drawn and belongs to the heirs of Sam'll INGHAM Dec'd 157 pound Right and contains one acre and Ninety one rod and is in Weadth at each end one rod nine feet and six inches and bounds North on Haddam line.
2. The next lott we laid out to Job Whealer on a Right of 256 pounds 4 shillings and contains two acres and Ninety rods and is two rod nine feet and five inches wide, bounds North on INGHAM's lott,
3. The third we laid out to Mr. James BALDWIN upon a 300 pound right and contains three acres is three rods wide and bounds North on WATERHOUSE's lott.
4. The Fourth to the heirs of Thomas DUNK Dec'd upon 113 3s Right and contains one acre and 21 rods two feet and one inch and bound North on BALDWIN.
5. The Fifth to Nath'll Hill and Sergt. James LORD contains one acre and on road wide bounded North on ye heirs of Thomas DUNK, 30 pound Right to Nath'll Hill and 41 pound 5s to James LORD and by mistake the lott contains twenty seven rods of land to much.
6. The Sixth Lott to David PRATT and Gideon JONESON Lt. CHALKER's Right each of them 94 pounds 5 shillings, to ye heirs of George LEES 80 pound Right and on Joseph LEES Right 9 pounds and in the whole there is 277 pounds 10s Right the Lott contains two acres and 125 rods and is in Weadth two rods and 13 foot, bounds North on LORD's.
7. The Seventh we laid out to John CHAPMAN on a 700 pound Right and contains Seven acres and is Seven rods wide, bounds North on JONES and PRATT.
8. The Eighth we laid out to John PRATT on 67 pounds 3s Right contains 108 rod and is in Weadth Eleven foot, bounds North on CHAPMAN.
9. The Ninth we laid out to Lieut. Jos DUDLEY on 118 pound 5s right and to the heirs of Ens'n John PRATT Dec'd on 187 pound 12s 6d. Right, this lott contains three acres and eight rods and is in Weadth three rods and eight inches and bounds North on John PRATT.
10. To Jos. BUCKINGHAM upon 140 pound 7s Right contains one acre and Seventy two rods and is in width on rod seven feet and two inches, bounds North on Lt. DUDLEY and heirs of Ensign PRATT.
11. To Sergt John CRANE upon 109 pound Right and contains one acre and fifteen rods and is in width one rod and seven feet inches, bounds North on Joseph BUCKINGHAM.
12. To the heirs of John and Sam'll SHIPMAN 189 pound and one shilling Right containing one acre and 142 rod in Weadth one rod and fourteen feet and bounds North on Sergt GRAVES.
13. To Mr. Andrew WARNER on 71 ponds 12s Right contains 114 rods and is Twelve foot wide, bonds north on SHIPMAN's Lott.
14. To the heirs of John BUSHNELL Dec'd on 206 pounds 14 s Right and to the heirs of Ensign Isaac PRATT Dec'd 29 pounds 15s Right contains Ninety four rods and in weadth nine foot and ten inches and bounded North on NORTON's and BUSHNELL's Lott.
[No lot numbered 15 listed in deed.]
16. The Sixteenth Lott we laid out to the heirs of Mr. John KIRTLAND Dec'd on 290 pounds 4s Right and to the Mr. John KIRTLAND in his own Right forty pound seven shillings this lott contains three acres and forty eight rods and is three rods and five feet wide bounds North on Isaac PRATT.
17. The 17th we laid out to the heirs of Capt. John FENNER Dec'd on 172 pounds 8s. Right and to John CONNER upon 21 pound Right contains one acre and 149 rods and 15 feet wide bounds North on Kirtland.
18. The 18th Lott we laid out to Ebenezer INGHAM on the 138 pound 17s Right and to the heirs of Capt. CHAPMAN Dec'd on 11 pounds 5 s right contains one acre and a half, in width one rod and a halfe bounds North on heirs of Capt. FENNER.
19. We laid out to the heirs of Ebenezer PARKER Dec'd on 43 pound 17s Right and contains Sixty rods and is in Weadth Seven feet and bounds North on Ebenezer INGHAM.
20. The 20th Lott we laid out to the heirs of Mr. Joseph BLAGUE Dec'd on the 131 pound Right and contains one acre and fifty rods and is in Weadth one rod five foot and three inches bounds North on Ebezer PARKER's heirs.
21. The 21st Lott we laid out to Sam'll LORD on 1738 pond 6 shilling Right and to Charles HAZELTON on 42 pound Right the lot contains 17 acres and 140 rods and is 17 rods and 12 foot wide and bounds North on BLAGUE's heirs and includes three acres and a halfe on the North side of it, sold by Lord to Mr. Jos. BLAGUE in a 350 pound right.
22. The 22nd lott we laid out to the heirs of Lt. John WHITTLESEY Dec'd on 465 pound 12s right and on the right of his father Mr. JOHN WHITTLESEY Dec'd 296 pound 2s6d. the whole right is 761 pound 14 shillings in the whole contains Seven acres and 100 rods, and is in Weadth Seven rod ten feet and four inches and bounds North on Sam'll LORD.
23. To Mr. John TULLY on 93 pounds 1s Right in Right of his Mother five pounds one shilling in the whole contains 150 rods and Weadth Sixteen foot and bounds North on the heirs of Lieut. WHITTLESEY.
24. The 24th Lott we laid out to Mr. Thomas SPENCER on a 140 pound 8s Right to Thomas MERRELL's heirs on 191 pound 4s Right and to William BUSHNELL's heirs on 70 pound 17s Right and to Mr. Robert LAY Jun'r on 27 pound right being within the whole 440 pound 9 shilling Right and Contains four acres and Sixty five rods and is in Weadth four rods six feet and nine inches and bounds North on Mr. TULLY's Lott and South on a piece of Common Land left for a public way.
26. The Twenty Sixth lott we laid out to the heirs of Mr. Sam'll CHALKER upon 210 pound 4s Right and to the heirs of Stephen CHALKER Dec'd on 111 pounds 5 shillings and contains three acres and 36 rods and bounds South on Abr'm SHIPMAN's lott and is in length from SHIPMAN's Norwest Corner East 80 rods and in Weadth 6 rods and a halfe at each end and bounds North on the heirs of James POST
The 25th lott being the Lott we laid out to the heirs of Sergt. James POST Dec'd upon an 120 pound Right and contains one acre and thirty five rods and is the same length of CHALKER's Lott and bound South thereon and North upon a piece of land left for a highway and is in Weadth two rods and halfe.
As Witness our hands December 24th 1735.
Laid out by us
At a Meeting of the Proprietors of the undivided lands at Pataconk in Say-Brook October 12th 1736 The foregoing Report and Doings of the Committee was read approved and by vote of the proprietors accepted and ordered to be recorded.
Test Sam'll WILLARD Proprietors CLERK.
Rec'd for Record October 12th, 1736 and entered from the original
Per Sam'll WILLARD Register